Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
It's also common on the Civic.

A few have posted that turning on the ignition for a few secs before cranking the starter gives more time for SS to collect the battery state.
Just saw this thread on the forum - same thing has occurred on my 69 plate Jazz which I picked up a couple of months ago. I did lots of web research and have read more threads than I would care to mention.

At first I found the whole thing frustrating and a bit worrying, but I soon discovered that this is a common issue for the Honda Jazz.

I'm no mechanic;- all I know is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - there's no rhyme nor reason as to why, when or how. However the car drives nicely and returns about 56mpg according to the computer-fib-o-meter (which I don't believe, but from my mileage & receipt records is nonetheless considerably better than my previous 2012 diesel Mini Cooper :D). I also took some solace from Scotty Kilmer saying on his YouTube channel that the start-stop function isn't necessarily a good thing in any event in terms of additional wear & tear.

Happy motoring folks!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: New Crosstar this week - First Impressions
« Last post by Hicardo on June 19, 2021, 11:03:20 PM »
I seem to be ok with the lumbar support, its more to with the seat being fairly flat and my legs being on the longer side  :o.  its gradually feeling more comfortable, so think it'll be ok.   8)

still experimenting with the parking brake  :-\ ::)
Those engine oils  branded high mileage, the high-mileage oils contain a chemical additive which causes oil seals to swell and reduce oil leakage,  if your car does not leak oil, then do not use those oils, just use with the contemporary oil types.
Although my car is classed as a low-mileage example at 7,400 miles .  .  .  .  .  it's still a 13 year old car, so I don't know if the usual rules apply, and I could still use 0W30  ?
Thank you for all the advice so far.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Dayjo on June 19, 2021, 10:12:19 PM »
Came across this, on my Pensioner's Forum. There are a lot of people, still to be convinced......

Mine had one tyre that was 2007 it still had legal tread but needed to be ditched, so i bought a pair of Continentals.
The rear calipers were also 2007 with rusted pistons that would not rotate back, so i have just replaced those as well as fitting new discs just so it looks nice.

Here is a little simple info about engine oil. The 0W30 oil will protect the engine better at startup.

www.mrtonneau.com/0w30-oil-vs-5w30/
Personally I would still use 5W-30 Fully Synthetic. I have used 0W-30 in cars and bikes in the past but I feel it is just a bit too thin. I had cars with hydraulic tappets and they rattled on start up with the thinner oil after lying for a couple of days. The thinner oil should give better mpg but even in my search for mpg I still use 5W-30.
My 2006 has done 20 times your mileage.
Thanks Droneranger, yes I know the mileage is unreal isn't it? 7,400 in 13 years. It's had 11 services!!!

Sounds like 5W-30 didn't do your high mileage 15,000 Jazz any harm.

Wow that mileage even beats mine a 2007 that i bought with 15K and also full Honda service history.
i phoned the dealer and they were putting Total 10W40 in mine, I do not know why.
I already had 5W30 in my garage so I used that for the Jazz.
If I was buying today i would get 0W30.
It is important to use genuine Honda oil filters, they are a lot better then aftermarket.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10