Author Topic: Winter washing.  (Read 5259 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Winter washing.
« on: January 14, 2018, 10:29:03 PM »
My car had not been washed for over a month. I was beginning to think I would have to take it to my local car wash guys but today was dry, fairly bright, and not too cold. I was able to give the car a hand wash though not quite as good as a "summer" wash.  Mind you, we have snow forecast here for Thursday, so that will mean more grit, more mess and dirty again!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Winter washing.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »
Another good day and with the car looking like it had been rallying I decided to hand wash it. Beginning to show a bit of rust at rear wheel arches. I'll need to get on top of that come the better weather. Still, looking not to bad for almost 12 years and 100,000 miles.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:29:09 PM »
Holding up very well. We've got a few older Jazzes near us - a 53 plate in excellent condition just down the road.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
There's a few older Jazz's around here too and all look to be in good nick. My son has a few on the books of his servicing business and none of them have had any major problems and all are in good condition.
It makes me wonder about keeping the one I have got.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »
There's a few older Jazz's around here too and all look to be in good nick. My son has a few on the books of his servicing business and none of them have had any major problems and all are in good condition.

Vic.

Quite a few 2003 / 2004 Jazz running around  where I live - they seem to be in pretty good shape.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »

Vic.

Yes - I'm 70 later this year and my annual mileage is just a tad over 3,000. The car has 17,500 on the clock at moment. If I kept it until I was 80 (if I live that long!!) by which time I might hang up my keys anyway, it would still have less than 50,000 miles on the odometer. It would, basically, see me out.

But then that little voice keeps saying - "You've always had a second hand cars, how about a new one for once!"

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 11:54:56 PM »
Still, looking not to bad for almost 12 years and 100,000 miles.
It looks great, Jocko!! And you're washing your car more often than i do, hahaha. I hope that's noticed by everyone. ;)

But then that little voice keeps saying - "You've always had a second hand cars, how about a new one for once!"
Where are you waiting for, Pete!? Like you say, your Jazz keeps going for a long time from now.

I have had a few brand new cars, my little voice is quiet since then, haha. But if yours keep talking, go for it!

Tags:

anything