Author Topic: Scratched display panel 2008 EX  (Read 5672 times)

dcdick

• Approved Member
  • GT Rock & Roll shopping trolley
  • My Honda: 2020 HRV. EX 1.6D Reus Black
Scratched display panel 2008 EX
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:14:12 AM »
As the title says, when I looked at the Jazz prior to buying it I'm sure there was no scratch on the stereo screen.
Single scratch around 3" central in screen going E.W.

The day after I drove it away I noticed the scratch, although it was bought from a Honda dealer I know they wont do anything (it's a used car after all sir etc...) Certainly been caused by the cleaner (grit on the cloth ?)

The plastic feels on the soft side............ so anybody any ideas on getting it out/changing the screen ?
Not the end of the world, just a bit annoyed at myself for missing it on handover.

I'll try the dealer of course as I need to go there to get a usb cable anyway, might get lucky  ;)

Dick.

ps.............the stereo sounds OK to me as standard, I come from a background of high end hi-fi but don't really bother that much with car stereos.  If you think about it you are sitting in your listening room with your  head stuck right up in a corner of the room with all kinds of electrical & mechanical noises/interference going on.................it's a pretty hostile place to listen to music in  ;D
Always wanted a car when I was a young lad

guest4324

Re: Scratched display panel 2008 EX
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
You can use toothpaste to remove scratches in plastic, it depends how deep it is. Rub a small amount into the scratch and let it dry for 5 mins or so. Then buff it out with a clean dry lint free cloth. Otherwise you can use a metal polish such as brasso but you'll need to rub in circles for about 15 mins or so. Just don't use materials which will melt the plastic or anything too abrasive. If you google it you will find many tips.

dcdick

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • GT Rock & Roll shopping trolley
  • My Honda: 2020 HRV. EX 1.6D Reus Black
Re: Scratched display panel 2008 EX
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:45:20 PM »
Thanks for the toothpaste tip, tried Brasso once on a radio dial screen without much success  :'(

Dealer has sorted out a usb cable for me anyway without any hassle (denies scratching the radio screen of course)

Dick.
Always wanted a car when I was a young lad

Tags:

anything