Author Topic: Rear washer nozzle repair  (Read 1537 times)

MorayDavod

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk 2 Jazz
Rear washer nozzle repair
« on: February 02, 2019, 11:53:39 PM »
Hello,
 My Jazz has been missing its rear washer nozzle since i bought it.
Before I buy a replacement I want to check that everything else is ok ie, hoses and pump, so that i know whether I'll need to also buy other parts.
The front washers are working fine.  If i try to operate the rear washer no liquid comes out and i can't see any leaks.
So is there a way to check the water supply to the rear washer other than just fitting a new nozzle?
Thanks

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Rear washer nozzle repair
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 09:13:22 AM »
when you operate rear washer can you hear the pump runnng ?  Also there is a non-return valve in the rear washer pipe in the gap between top of tailgate and body  ( it may be behind rubber grommet of the body,  it has been a long time since I replaced one),  this stops fluid draining back into reservoir - if this valve gets stuck open it means that the pump has to run for about 10 seconds to put fluid onto back screen,  if it gets stuck closed it means fluid can't get through.  The non -return valves are available from Halfords and just have a nipple on each end to fit inside existing pipe ( in this weather you may need warm / hot water on plastic pipe to be able to remove and re-fit the valve.

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-in-line-valve-hfx370

The other thing is,  when you refit the nozzle turn it at 45 degrees rather than straight down the screen, due to the wiper position our MK1's used to put more fluid on the bumper than the screen,  if you turn it it at an angle it puts more on the screen and allows the wiper to collect it rather than just running straight down and off the bottom of screen.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:51:48 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MorayDavod

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk 2 Jazz
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:16:48 PM »
Thanks,
That's handy info.  I'll give it a try.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:28:58 PM »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: