Author Topic: Problem with CVT: hesitation in driving off forward with cold engine/gearbox  (Read 9408 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Sounds like a fun weekend!  8)

Remco

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 CVT 2003
Oh definitely! I'm learning a lot of new things,which is great. I will create a topic to share my experience with anyone crazy enough to attempt something like this themselves  8)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Oh definitely! I'm learning a lot of new things,which is great. I will create a topic to share my experience with anyone crazy enough to attempt something like this themselves  8)

I would be up for that too. What's the worst that can happen? It all goes horribly wrong and you end up buying a secondhand gearbox, which is what many people would have done in the first place.

Just think of all the fun they're missing ;)

Remco

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 CVT 2003
So this weekend I put everything back together and it seems to be working! It was a journey though with three sheared off bolts (on the CVT) but I got there.  :)

The only doubt I have now is that I can hear the starter clutch engaging with a sort of poom sound. I already had a small suspicion about the piston that I bought for it, because it is not a genuine Honda part (which is not available as a separate part). Later I saw that it fits a bit tighter on the hub of the starter clutch housing. There is an O-ring in between these parts. It is shown here:
https://www.newco-autoline.de/docs/IDS-SWRA-starting%20clutch%20piston.pdf

What causes the sound is probably a stick-slip effect at this interface. So you hear it every time you drive from a stop. Not sure if it's a problem, we will see what happens! Maybe its just because its new.

Edit: next day the sound has disappeared :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:28:17 AM by Remco »

WWR

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz 2008
So this weekend I put everything back together and it seems to be working!
Hi! I hope you are still reading this forum.
How did you end up fixing the CVT? Changed to another? I put in a new CVT and it won't move forward until it warms up. Thanks for any information.

On another site they write a problem in these nodes/ Forward Cluth or oil ring
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 01:02:00 PM by WWR »

Tags: