Author Topic: Service help needed.  (Read 2018 times)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
Service help needed.
« on: June 30, 2018, 04:58:24 PM »
Bought my new mk3 Jazz in September 2015.
Paid for 5 years servicing in advance.
Had a call from Brindley Honda yesterday requesting that I book car in for service and M O T.
Is this "  Upselling " from Honda again trying to get my car in for service three months ahead of when service is due...which I believe to be September.
I go on holiday in early August.
My question is should I have car serviced and M O T before I go on holiday or should I wait until September ?
Apologies if it's a daft question.
Thank you.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Service help needed.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »
Presumably you've got the service indicator system on your car. I'd go with that.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 05:25:53 PM »
My 2016 Jazz did not have a service indicator, or it was turned off.  How do I know if my current Jazz has one, or if it turned on or off? I was told one year or 12,500 miles whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:28:38 PM by Skyrider »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 05:28:55 PM »
If you get your car MOT'd more than one calendar month before the due date, then the MOT would have to start from that date. For the rest of it's life it will be MOT'd three months early (unless at sometime it has a second MOT before the previous one expires, or someone SORN's it). As said elsewhere on this forum, dealers like to get MOT's done when it suits them, so as not to have everyone bringing their 3 year old car in for an MOT for the 1st of September (or March). I would get your MOT and service done when you return from holiday, that way the MOT will run from its 3rd anniversary.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
The service date starts from the moment the car is registered. My second Jazz had been in storage for three months before I bought it and consequently the service was due eight months into my ownership. And, unfortunately, my dealer turns off the service indicator (I believe that a lot of them do).

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »
Had a call from Brindley Honda yesterday requesting that I book car in for service and M O T.

Did they say when they wanted you to bring it in?  Maybe they're just getting ahead of themselves as end Aug / early Sept will be busy times for most dealers - although probably not Honda dealers, based on the limited range of cars and their sales figures. :)

They may just be getting in early as they haven't connected that you've got a service plan and many people move away from franchise dealer servicing once their car is 3yrs old.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
Book it in for a date in September. As already noted, it's a busy month with the change of registration numbers and, if you don't have a booking then you might have to wait until October. I would assume that the dealer is trying to be helpful rather than push for service / MOT a couple of months before it's due.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »
The service date starts from the moment the car is registered. My second Jazz had been in storage for three months before I bought it and consequently the service was due eight months into my ownership. And, unfortunately, my dealer turns off the service indicator (I believe that a lot of them do).

That's a good point. The registration date is key. On the service indicator thing, my last Mk2 Jazz had had this turned off and the service book was marked accordingly. I'm pretty sure it can't be turned back on. Some people prefer to go by time and distance.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 02:59:37 PM »
I think the problem with the service reminder system is that it can be a time waster due to more trips to the dealer to attend to individual service items as and when indicated by the system.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything