44 (13.7%)
1.3 EX Navi CVT
36 (11.2%)
Non-UK model
33 (10.2%)
1.5 Sport
41 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Author Topic: What Mk3 Honda Jazz do you own?  (Read 90935 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: What Mk3 Honda Jazz do you own?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2017, 12:26:03 PM »
You must have read my mind Jocko. I've always liked the Milano Red that Honda use and I am looking at some CarWow offers on the Mk3. Milano Red, being solid, comes with no price premium.

But red cars have faded really badly in the past. There is a completely pink Rav 4 - an old one - up our road and the owner says he has owned it from new for 15 years and it started out red!

I think they put clear coat over all solid colours now - I wonder if that does the trick or if red cars are still liable to fade.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 12:38:27 PM »
When we bought our (blue) Jazz, the dealer said that if we bought Milano red, we should also pay extra for the fancy coating, to stop fading, which would have brought the price up to near the metallic supplement anyway.  The decider was that a neighbour in the block of flats has a red one and there might have been confusion in the car-park!

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »
Any car of mine, lives in the garage. When it's not in use.

Milano red, shouldn't fade. Over the few driving years, I have left.....  ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:43:57 PM by Dayjo »
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 02:11:03 PM »
Must admit wish I had a garage. Previous owners of our bungalow knocked it down! They were quite proud of the fact saying they'd built this nice decking area instead. 2 years after we'd bought it the thing started rotting away. In any event our drive is so narrow we couldn't get a car to it.

But I genuinely think it's better for a car to be garaged - no scraping on frosty mornings for a start.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »
Must admit wish I had a garage. Previous owners of our bungalow knocked it down! They were quite proud of the fact saying they'd built this nice decking area instead. 2 years after we'd bought it the thing started rotting away. In any event our drive is so narrow we couldn't get a car to it.

But I genuinely think it's better for a car to be garaged - no scraping on frosty mornings for a start.

A carport is a good thing for a car, it lets the air get around it and still keeps the frost and snow off and you don't have to worry about bashing the doors and mirrors.  We have a garage but our cars stay on the driveway,  modern garages are not really big enough for a modern car,  it seems that just like width of spaces in carparks that the width of modern garages is stuck somewhere about 50 years ago when majority of cars were smaller, even a Mini or Fiat 500 are bigger now than a mid sized cars of the 60's and 70's.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:27:36 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
Yes - think you are probably right about a carport. I'd thought about one where we now live but the drive at the side of the house is narrow. Makes you realise how big modern cars are these days. Our place was built in 1957 and our next door neighbour reckons her late husband had no difficulty with his Ford Anglia!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »
Back in the day you could T-Cut the paint on a car. Years ago I bought a red SAAB and it was the colour and texture of a brick. After a hard weekend with the T-Cut my daughter and I had it looking great.

However, several years later I had a Vauxhall Carlton which had Clearkote over the paint. When the paint started to fade no amount of T-Cutting made any difference, because the colour was under the coating. It was like trying to clean the inside of a window, from the outside!
Clearkote (and these UV Guard coatings you can buy) helps to stop the paint fading, but once it does there is no easy means of refreshing it other than a respray.

Bubcay

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz VTI MY15 3-rd gen
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 07:54:34 AM »
Love my 'Brilliant Sporty Blue'...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

CATech

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 67 plate EX CVT
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
I have a 16 plate 1.3SE Manual, but want to go for an EX CVT.
Downloaded the " £750 off" test drive voucher, but won't have time now before end January to book a drive.
Probably some catch in it anyway, like they give me £750 less for my SE, or I have less "haggle" power for a better OTR price.
They make their money any which way, so its probably not worth it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:14:27 PM by CATech »

guest7513

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2018, 05:18:43 PM »
Bought the new 2018 Jazz Sport (SA Edition) last Friday after too many years in a Golf. Did a lot of research on which vehicle to go for and I'm well pleased.

Only issue so far is the infotainment system which is sorely lacking (especially for a techy guy). No built-in Nav, no Android auto, no mirrorlink option, and a very locked down Android 4  ???

Yes, I did take note of this before purchasing the car.

There seems to be a couple of different options :

#1 Installing an aftermarket headunit (worst case).

#2 Disabling the HDMI "safety" feature and hooking up my old Nexus 10 tablet (with HDMI output) which runs Oreo and Android Auto.

#3 https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582 / https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/android-4-1-headunit-reloaded-android-t3432348

Since it's a brandnew car I'm not too keen to void my warranty though  :)
Hoping to connect with other fellow 2018 owners and find out what little modifications they've done.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2018, 06:57:14 PM »
Only issue so far is the infotainment system which is sorely lacking (especially for a techy guy). No built-in Nav, no Android auto, no mirrorlink option, and a very locked down Android 4  ???
Have they got rid of Mirrorlink then? Earlier units support v1 but last I heard the current Android release v2 and not backwardly compatible. I thought I read that v1 compatibility was being added to v2 but perhaps it never materialised and Honda have just withdrawn their implementation.

All it ever did for me was disable the screen on my S7 Edge requiring me to reboot the phone :-/

guest7513

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2018, 07:21:05 PM »
Seems like it...

In the meanwhile I've hooked up my Nexus 10 tablet with a brand new high quality HDMI cable, but no joy - only a black screen on the infotainment display.

Tablets works perfectly on any other display I've tested it.

Tested a Miracast and only a half screen, somewhat distorted / flickering image would come up.

Loving the car, but very disappointed with the infotainment system I'll admit.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2018, 10:15:44 AM »
One thing I did worry about moving from EX to SE spec was losing climate control. I had a set and forget thing during the winter. I've only had this car 10 days but I think I was worrying over very little. I still have a set and forget thing going on with fan set at lowest setting and the vents at screen and feet with the heater control just into the red area. No problems with misting thus far although we haven't had much rain. The main issue will be remembering to switch on the A/C periodically to keep it in good condition.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2018, 10:23:35 AM »
The main issue will be remembering to switch on the A/C periodically to keep it in good condition.
I had my Volvo for nine and a half years and switch the a/c off about twice. Once when I first got it, to see if it made a difference to mpg (nothing noticeable), and once near the end of my time with it, to check how much of a difference to incoming cold air temp it was making (huge).

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
I turn the aircon on when I get a new car, I don't remember ever turning it off.

Tags: