Author Topic: Front bumper alignment  (Read 5214 times)

JFrancis

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Front bumper alignment
« on: January 13, 2024, 04:50:41 PM »
My Parents have recently purchased a 2016 Jazz.

Unfortunately the bumper / front wing panel  alignment isn't right ( hopefully a photo is attached) . There is no obvious evidence of crash damage to bumper or front of the car.

It has been returned to the garage, who have removed the bumper and replaced the plastic clip blocks at this point and all the other plastic clips that retain the bumper. This has improved the alignment slightly but it's still not right.

Have any other owners had experience of this issue?

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
Re: Front bumper alignment
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 05:07:11 PM »
if it's anything like the 8G Civics then once the bumper has been off it never seems to go back as it was.

that does look a bit much out but they might just have to live with it.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 05:39:00 PM »
Mine looks a bit like that too, and has done for many years. It seems to be an issue with some early Mk3s, and has been discussed on the US FitFreak forum, eg here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/91009-front-bumper-sag.html
I did mention it to my dealer once who suggested someone must have nudged my car whilst parking, which is feasible. They checked the bumper was still firmly attached and wasn't going to fall off so I've just lived with it.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 09:58:57 AM »
Wait untill the weather warms then you will be able to encourage the bumper back to spec.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 10:09:22 AM »
My Parents have recently purchased a 2016 Jazz.

Unfortunately the bumper / front wing panel  alignment isn't right ( hopefully a photo is attached) . There is no obvious evidence of crash damage to bumper or front of the car.

It has been returned to the garage, who have removed the bumper and replaced the plastic clip blocks at this point and all the other plastic clips that retain the bumper. This has improved the alignment slightly but it's still not right.

Have any other owners had experience of this issue?
Yep, same issue of my Jazz, no solution.

Tags: