Author Topic: Infotainment warning when switched on  (Read 2021 times)

Molly’s Dad

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda Jazz SE
Infotainment warning when switched on
« on: March 29, 2019, 05:47:35 PM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to switch off the annoying warning which comes up every time on the screen. The one which tells us not to use it on the move.
Cheers

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Infotainment warning when switched on
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »
No it is not.  This subject has been thrashed to death elsewhere on the forum.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 08:49:36 AM »
I think its an EU safety directive. They just treat us all like children, its my pet hate on my Honda Jazz. I drove a Peugeot 108 last year and it did not have warning.

From a blank screen you can still switch on the radio from the button on the top right but you can't change the channel. How crazy is that. >:(

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »
I think its an EU safety directive. They just treat us all like children, its my pet hate on my Honda Jazz. I drove a Peugeot 108 last year and it did not have warning.

From a blank screen you can still switch on the radio from the button on the top right but you can't change the channel. How crazy is that. >:(
Can you not change the channel using the steering wheel buttons (arrows left and right)?

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 10:25:17 AM »
glad i got the S and not the SE and i got real vol and select knobs instead of a slider vol too

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:44:14 AM »
Great idea I will try the steering wheel controls to change channels when the info screen is blank. Yes it works, goes to show you can learn something new every day.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:50:44 AM by Barcam »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 01:12:08 PM »
goes to show you can learn something new every day.
I am almost 71 and I still learn something new everyday. Mind you, my wife says it is often  because I forgot it yesterday!

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 04:36:50 PM »
I don't think it's EU mandated - at least not the way Honda have done it. My 2020 Corolla displays a warning but it removes it after a few seconds without me having to do anything.

Unfortunately it's not all sweetness and light because the infotainment unit won't automatically start playing from my iPod Touch when I turn the engine on. In fact the audio function has to be switched back on and then I have to select the correct source. That's better than what my Jazz did when I first got it but still irritating. Possibly it's Toyota's rubbish attempt to fix a long standing issue where some owners complained that the infotainment unit randomly started playing music from their iPhones. Perhaps the fix was simply to disable iFunctionality on start up.

Hey ho :)

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 06:33:49 PM »
goes to show you can learn something new every day.
I am almost 71 and I still learn something new everyday. Mind you, my wife says it is often  because I forgot it yesterday!

I am 71 and my big problem is that over time I forget how to do things like changing clocks for daylight saving and I have to learn it all over again. The joys of old age. Hurray for Honda site on YouTube.

Tags:

anything