Author Topic: Rear Window not Working- How to Troubleshoot?  (Read 903 times)

tomreys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz
Rear Window not Working- How to Troubleshoot?
« on: June 28, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »
Rear left window isn't opening on a newly bought Jazz,
I can hear a click noise when You press open button which isn't there when you take the fuse out, so it's probably the motor or it's just stuck and the sensor thinks something is jammed so it wont even try to open it from what I understand?

I have tried soaking the thing from all sides, squirted a lot of spray silicone in all the gaps and soaked with it really good,than with the Engine running trying to open it while other person tries to push it down with palms... Nothing...I have seen the other thread where for some that worked.. however hopeless for me..
The car has stood for good 2-3years unused, so there is probably a huge chance that it's just terribly stuck.

What are the other alternatives to try to get it to open? Is there anything that Would be accessible after one would remove the panel from the doors?  Not really sure what to do with it at this point.  :'(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:56:02 PM by tomreys »

tomreys

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz
Re: Rear Window not Working- How to Troubleshoot?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:50:12 PM »
Bumps! Any ideas?

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: Rear Window not Working- How to Troubleshoot?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 07:38:29 AM »
I'd say removing door panels is worth a go. You should be able to lubricate a free up some of the mechanism. Or see if anything is broken. There isn't a sensor in there as such, it detects excess current in the motor.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Tags: