Author Topic: 2015 Hybrid mpg??  (Read 2779 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
2015 Hybrid mpg??
« on: December 06, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
Hi All,

Can anyone let me know what figures Honda are claiming for the 2015 Jazz Hybrid?

Also what is the bhp??

Many thanks

Oz

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: 2015 Hybrid mpg??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »
Do we know the configuration that will be coming? The report here http://www.topgear.com/uk/honda/jazz/road-test/1.5-hybrid is for 1.5 litre and says 83 mpg. the engine would use the Atkinson Cycle which should improve efficiency at the expense of power output ( which could be why a capacity increase is considered necessary. However, given the power boost provided by the motor I don't see the need for a bigger engine for those who are seeking economy over performance.

Some months back there were some rumours circulating about Honda working on a 1 litre 3 cyclinder turbo for the Jazz. That would get me more excited than a bigger engine because, in the hybrid configuration, the motor would provide the low speed torque where the turbo doesn't help. Plus the smaller engine would warm up faster and stop pouring fuel down the exhaust pipe which is one of my grumbles about winter motoring.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 2015 Hybrid mpg??
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »
Am surprised that Honda have not come up with a proper variable compression ratio engine - after all they are the worlds largest manufacturer of engines.  Variable CR coupled with VTEC should make a very interesting powerplant.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: