Author Topic: Spare Wheel / Under Boot Storage Finishing..  (Read 16172 times)

guest7666

Re: Spare Wheel / Under Boot Storage Finishing..
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
Yes the new foam fits snug. The dealer fitted ours so we never got the old foam to have to store away.

I opted for the spare wheel from the Honda dealer for my 2018 Jazz. You do get a space saver. The tools to change the wheel over and you get to keep the inflation pump and tyre repair kit. All of it fits into the correct new shape piece of foam. It was £250 but I hope to have the car for around 10 years use so I decided it was worth getting the official one. The boot carpet ends up been nice and level.

So the spare spacer saver fits under a new style foam insert? Does the foam fit snuggly over the spare wheel, I guess so? If its like that ill prob buy it. But ill end up with the original foam with no resale value probably  :(

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »
The dealer kept it to go in a trade in Jazz that has had its spare wheel kit retained for a future purchase.

Sezlez

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 08:50:37 PM »
Thanks for all who contributed to this thread - Enabled me to make an informed decision.
I bought an ex demo 1.5 Jazz Sport Navi (manual), having had a Civic 1.8 SE Plus, and I'm loving it.
Enquired the price of a space saver and was quoted £235 fitted at one dealer, and £280 at another.
After reading the info on this forum I emailed Cox's for their prices, and was quoted:-
a/  £302.25 for the spacesaver and all the attachments, foam etc
b/  £155.60 for a full sized alloy with Bridgestone Tyre
c/  £194.82 for alloy, tyre, jack and wrench
All the above with free delivery.
I went for option b as I already have a jack and wrench from the Civic.
Fits in the boot lovely. Bit of hardboard and polystyrene packing and the boot floor is stable.
Hope I never have to use the wheel, but it gives a better peace of mind than the puncture repair kit!

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-jazz-full-size-alloy-spare-wheel-tyre-2016/

Hope this helps anyone that's thinking of a spare wheel.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:31:22 PM by Sezlez »

Madelvic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: EX Navi
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 09:24:40 AM »
Common topic, some covered before

I bought a genuine alloy and a matching tyre.  Made a MDF cover, pictures on p4 of this thread

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7501.45

Sezlez

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »
@Madelvic - Well done. That’s absolutely brilliant!

JazzyJJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »

I bought a genuine alloy and a matching tyre.  Made a MDF cover, pictures on p4 of this thread

Yes, excellent work. Love quality diy creative fixes.

FYI, you could upgrade your jump leads to a battery starter like this (just an example), price has jumped up since I brought it but it saves having to rely on anyone else - just a thought. Worked on my Jazz mk1 a treat the one time I sat in the car with the AC on with the engine off  :'(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Portable-Advanced-Protection-Flashlight/dp/B011U6Q0K6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1534687217&sr=8-4&keywords=anker+jump+starter

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »

Yes, excellent work. Love quality diy creative fixes.

FYI, you could upgrade your jump leads to a battery starter like this (just an example), price has jumped up since I brought it but it saves having to rely on anyone else - just a thought. Worked on my Jazz mk1 a treat the one time I sat in the car with the AC on with the engine off  :'(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Portable-Advanced-Protection-Flashlight/dp/B011U6Q0K6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1534687217&sr=8-4&keywords=anker+jump+starter

The Aircon can't be on with the engine off, the engine drives the Aircon compressor. You would only have had the fan on.

JazzyJJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »
Yeah, you are prob right as the compressor was not turning on and off. Fan and radio were both on and prob the battery was the original one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:49:27 PM by JazzyJJ »

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2019, 01:36:40 PM »
Resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone have the part number for the Honda space saver wheel kit for a 2016 CVT model?

Prefer the proper job rather than asking Blue Peter to come in with some foam etc  :D

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2019, 02:58:03 PM »
Resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone have the part number for the Honda space saver wheel kit for a 2016 CVT model?

Prefer the proper job rather than asking Blue Peter to come in with some foam etc  :D
My invoice has part no 06421-TAR-E02 described as Temper Kit (15 inch), priced in May 2016 at £163.64 + VAT

orcadian

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz SE
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2019, 07:19:19 PM »
Living here in Orkney where we have to be somewhat self sufficient and often needing to get to or from a ferry, we decided to go down the winter tyre/wheel route.  We just bought a set of 4 genuine Honda steel wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks (had those before and love ‘em) which have done under 500 miles, all for £190!  So we can have a full size steel spare when the alloys are on and full size alloy spare when the steelies are on - result.  Plus we still have the gunk and compressor.  Belt, braces and a piece of string!

Ian

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:53 PM »

My invoice has part no 06421-TAR-E02 described as Temper Kit (15 inch), priced in May 2016 at £163.64 + VAT

Bought one off ebay with the correct part number and had 2016 in its description. But, the foam not right as it doesn't have the cut outs shown in an earlier picture for the floppy floor securing points. So returning it  :(

Tags: