Author Topic: Honda service costs  (Read 4916 times)

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
Honda service costs
« on: January 22, 2024, 03:52:46 PM »
Just had a service on our 2018 Jazz 1.5 sport, last free one on the service plan.
Had gearbox oil changed for fun as gear change can be a bit notchy when cold.

New service plan for 2 years, so 1 minor 1 major service  --  £632!!!!
Front brakes picked on MOT and confirmed on service as 70% worn - discs & pads £370!!!!!

Why would I spend that sort of money when I have trusted garages I could use for significantly less???

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
Re: Honda service costs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 09:42:20 AM »
took out a 2 year service plan on my 2018 Sport recently.

These Honda tailored plans do seem to vary in cost and what you get for the money.

Year 1 ( 6th year ) standard service + includes brake/clutch fluid change , MOT , Courtesy car , wash and vac., roadside assistance , recall check , health check.

Year 2 , as year 1 , except brake fluid.

This cost me £670.

Also bought a years extended warranty for £380, but I doubt if I'll renew next time.

Wilmo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 11:17:22 AM »
Forgot to mention the upselling:

Would I like them to use engine flush & injector cleaner during the service for another £25.

Er, NO.

jasonevans

• Approved Member
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE Auto in Orange :-)
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 02:18:12 PM »
Your far better gettting a local trusted garage to do the servicing such as brake pads / discs , oil changes etc if you can't do it yourself.   Your paying Honda for there labour rate . Only thing I would personally use Honda for would be gearbox fluid change as that is genuine stuff and the automatic gearbox  on my 2017 Jazz i've heard is quite fussy on what fluid it takes.

Wilmo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 03:47:44 PM »
My question was rather rhetorical as I just wanted to see if anyone could justify such prices to me  ;D

I already had the same conversation with the dealer 2 years ago when they wanted a similarly ridiculous price to service my TypeR that was 12 years old and well past any Honda warranty.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 08:48:10 AM »
Many UK car sellers no longer employ experienced mechanics,the average age now is 25, around the places with main brand dealerships they regularly decline to service their customers cars once out of warranty service contracts. All electrical diagnostic work is out sourced as is any bodywork paint trim repairs. They have become sellers of finance packages. Hence the quotes for maintenance on older vehicles.
As others have commented find yourself a local garage which has people who want to help their customers.

GGT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 09:08:59 PM »
You lot are getting a bargain. I've just booked in my 20 plate Jazz Mk3 CVT for its next service at my local Honda dealer, £417. That's for one service! Of course, I got the "afraid it's CVT fluid time again, Sir". Wow, that's steep, even though. I've got an MOT on top of that as well. Half a grand to see my motor through the next year. Mine's out of warranty by a year now, so if I need discs or pads I'm off to get pattern parts fitted somewhere else.

Andyjm15

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 SE manual. Lunar silver
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2024, 05:40:27 PM »
Many UK car sellers no longer employ experienced mechanics,the average age now is 25, around the places with main brand dealerships they regularly decline to service their customers cars once out of warranty service contracts. All electrical diagnostic work is out sourced as is any bodywork paint trim repairs. They have become sellers of finance packages. Hence the quotes for maintenance on older vehicles.
As others have commented find yourself a local garage which has people who want to help their customers.
I think I experienced this last year at the nearest Honda service centre with my 2018 Jazz SE. They were a Honda main dealer, now Kia, and I suspect they just ticked the boxes rather than actually thinking about what they were seeing..
They failed to diagnose a seized brake caliper, despite all the clues being there. Wheel getting hot and the pads on that wheel being close to worn out when the other 3 were nowhere near worn out. I like to think any mechanic who cared would pick that up.
To add insult to injury the tyre pressures were significantly wrong. Every wheel was wrong. It didn’t go in like that. I thought it felt odd on the way home, so I rectified it the next day.
I spoke to them today about this years service and got a distinct “we can’t be bothered” vibe along with an estimate of £450, so it’s going to a local independent from now on.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 05:42:40 PM by Andyjm15 »

Tags:

anything