Author Topic: Car Mats  (Read 1567 times)

guest8014

Car Mats
« on: November 15, 2018, 09:28:15 AM »
I notice the fabric of the 'carpets' in my new Jazz EX is the type that scuffs easily. Any recommendations on a set of mats for the interior? I see Halfords do a set for £50 - any good?

The driver side has a plastic floor cover so maybe that side does not need a mat!?

As I carry garden refuse a lot looking for a good mat for the 'boot' or a w/proof foldable sheet.

Thanks.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Car Mats
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:23:21 AM »
I have one of these boot mats, fits well and does the job.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=carbox&query=8306&vptype=589046

The CVT and MT cars have different front mats due to the footrest size. The drivers side mats are an unusual shape and generic mats will need a lot of cutting down to fit. Honda mats are not cheap but anything else will look like a bodge. I am sure you have heard about spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:33:32 AM by Skyrider »

guest8014

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
Thanks, that looks interesting. How easy is it to get to the storage well under? Although I have not thought what to store there yet, maybe some water bottles and the tyre pump which came in the glove compartment, or is it the repair kit!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »
Thanks, that looks interesting. How easy is it to get to the storage well under? Although I have not thought what to store there yet, maybe some water bottles and the tyre pump which came in the glove compartment, or is it the repair kit!

I have a spare wheel kit so my storage will be different. I believe there are shaped storage recesses for the pump and and bottle of glue in the under boot floor storage. The mat I linked to will not affect access.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
As I carry garden refuse a lot looking for a good mat for the 'boot' or a w/proof foldable sheet.

I use something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Tarpaulin-Camping-Fishing-Gardening/dp/B00BXJRJXI?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_4

Tags: