Author Topic: New South African variant.  (Read 42861 times)

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Re: New South African variant.
« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2022, 11:05:22 PM »
As I said, there will be egg over many faces very soon,  the people who did not understand 'the science',  but engaged in virus politics ( Sturgeon, I'm looking at you ).
I'm afraid you are once again looking in the wrong direction.
Throughout the pandemic Sturgeon's approach has been much more systematic and data led.
Her updates have been regular and meaningful as compared to the sporadic and panic-driven  presentations from Johnson.
She has encouraged caution rather than Johnson's bumbling optimism.
Johnson is influenced less  by the scientists than by his back benchers of the CRG and 1922 Club many of whom have a background in financial services.
He is gambling with peoples lives in the same way that they gamble with other peoples money.
(and give themselves a nice bonus when they win and accept no responsibility when they lose and still give themselves a nice bonus).

[link removed by Admin]
https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19834447.nicola-sturgeon-free-lateral-flow-test-scaling-back-reports-utterly-wrongheaded/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 11:07:59 AM by RichardA »

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2022, 11:59:28 PM »
Well looking at the length of time the new MRNA 'therapies' protect people with their short lived anti-bodies, as the Doctor in video says, are we willing to inject everyone every month ?  The answer is no ( although Fizzer shareholder would love it ).   I had more faith in AZ vaccine because that trained up the immune systems 'T' cells, and that lasts a lot longer.

Perhaps you can correct this chap, he is obviously wrong according to your assessments. I suggest look between around  12.35 and 25.30 for a start.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2022, 09:31:48 AM »
Throughout the pandemic Sturgeon's approach has been much more systematic and data led.

Not long ago krankie said she would lock down, but only if Westminster sent up some of those hated English £'s....  ( she didn't say hated English in so many words ) but she had her hand out... Same with Drakeford of the Welsh communist party.. Like it or not at the moment England is supporting the 'devolved nations' - and England needs to keep the economy moving, and cannot indulge in 'pandemic politics'.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2022, 11:26:53 AM »

Not long ago krankie said she would lock down, but only if Westminster sent up some of those hated English £'s....  ( she didn't say hated English in so many words ) but she had her hand out... Same with Drakeford of the Welsh communist party.. Like it or not at the moment England is supporting the 'devolved nations' - and England needs to keep the economy moving, and cannot indulge in 'pandemic politics'.
The Scottish and Welsh governments did not want to lockdown.
They wanted to put restrictions on night clubs and licensed premises until more was known about the Omicron variant and had longer to allow more people to be vaccinated but needed money to compensate the businesses involved.
Unfortunately the Westminster Government controls the money part of which is provided by Scottish and Welsh taxpayers.
The Westminster Government were content to cross their fingers, let the virus run out of control and run the risk of overwhelming the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59895505
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-drakeford-boris-johnson-covid-restrictions-politics-england_uk_61d84f09e4b0d637aea0d0b9
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 07:34:26 PM by JimSh »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2022, 05:31:33 PM »
It would appear that Laura, my step-daughter, has contracted the Delta variant. She is having breathing difficulties, a painful persistent cough and everything, even water, tastes of burnt plastic. And she is a trim, fit, girl, in her thirties.

Any improvement ?
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2022, 05:53:39 PM »
Any improvement ?
She hasn't answered her mum's txt today (she is in Windsor). We now hear that my other step-daughter's eldest boy, here in Scotland, has Covid and my ex has Covid also. I spoke to my daughter and she has spoken to her mum (76, resident in a care home) and she tells me the symptoms her mother is suffering are just that of a heavy cold.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2022, 05:19:42 AM »
Just shows how contagious this virus is.

When I see people in supermarkets and on buses, maskless, I fail to understand why, although I have a good idea when I look at their demographic. The 'I am invincible' mob.

Hope all your family recover soon with no lasting effects.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #367 on: January 11, 2022, 09:22:43 AM »
Just shows how contagious this virus is.

When I see people in supermarkets and on buses, maskless, I fail to understand why, although I have a good idea when I look at their demographic. The 'I am invincible' mob.

Hope all your family recover soon with no lasting effects.

I would be happy if every cold I had in the future was as mild as Omicron I just had.... and that is without a 'booster' ( or maybe because of not having a booster to compromise my immune system ) - my wife had worse symptoms despite ( or maybe because ) she had the booster,  but still just the symptoms of a very heavy common cold.     All I can say is AZ vaccine did me proud ( even though my second shot was in April 2021 - despite the smear campaign... 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2022, 10:19:30 AM »
Or, I don't give a flying f*** about anyone else!
Am I alone in being able to spot these selfish people on sight, there is just a certain 'look' to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2022, 11:07:27 AM »
...From behind my mask I find it difficult to express an adequate enough amount of silent, eyes only disgust/contempt to maskless people in shops. >:(

My wife has her 'teacher stare' which I may have to adopt :D

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #370 on: January 15, 2022, 12:20:49 PM »
Latest Indie Sage briefing.
Especially relevant to those who think it's all over.

Crisis in hospitals.
Infections in schools.
Problems for the future.

0-17m update on data
17-27m presentations on epidemiology (why endemic doesn't mean it's all over)
27m -end Answers to questions

https://www.independentsage.org/weekly-briefing-14th-january-2022/     
Gives links to slides

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2022, 12:58:57 PM »
I would rather believe The Sun on this one,  time to disband the doom mongering SAGE cabal....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/17306522/covid-worst-of-omicron-nearly-over/

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2022, 01:30:38 PM »
A freedom of information request was submitted to the ONS, asking for the true figure of deaths, with no other co-morbidities, "from" covid as opposed to "With" it. The answer 17,300, yes ,you read it right 17,300 (and the average age was over 82, more than the average life expectation in UK!).  About 10% of the claimed deaths 'from' covid which had been used by the government and SAGE to justify draconian restrictions and lockdowns, wrecking the economy in the process, plunging the country into depression and increasing the National Debt by over £800 billion to £2.3 trillion

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2022, 01:45:05 PM »
What price do you put on 17,300 lives? Are they worth less because they are older?

Not quite sure of the logic here, but I do get your point.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #374 on: January 20, 2022, 02:05:32 PM »
What I'm interested in watching is the cases rate in a week or two given incubation.

They've relaxed back to plan A because they reckon the peak has passed and Omicron is now reducing significantly.

With these new freedoms I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase. I hope I'm wrong.

On the day they announced plan A, case's went from 94k to 108k

Tags: