Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Members / Re: Rattle on drivers side of Hybrid Jazz
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 07:17:21 AM »
Drivers side could be the rear seatbelt against hard plastic.
New Members / Re: Rattle on drivers side of Hybrid Jazz
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 06:36:39 AM »
Mk 4 - see from aphybrid - passenger side seat belt on pillar - search rattle
Mist setting - is not really a setting as such, but when windscreen has that early morning condensation or a very light rain on it this is cleared by pushing up the wiper lever and letting go, one wipe to clear the mist then occurs surely?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda Jazz 2004 Idle problem and Check Light
« Last post by CRC on June 28, 2022, 11:18:36 PM »
https://www.springbokphotography.com/autoelectrical/2019/7/15/honda-fitjazz-crank-sensor-interference

I recently posted this link in another thread. They found that one of the exhaust side coil packs was causing interference on the signal from the crankshaft sensor resulting in misfires and error codes.

You say that you disconnected an ignition coil pack and things went back to normal, but you don't say which one.

Was it by any chance the one that they identified in the link? If it was, then there's a good chance that was the source of your problem.

Sounds like one new coil pack on the offending plug, or rerouting the crankshaft sensor cable will solve the problem as they detail.

One way to confirm would be to re-instate the coil pack and use the Torque app to look at engine rpm. If it's varying massively, then I would say that's your problem.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: TCut replacement for Pearllescent White.
« Last post by olduser1 on June 28, 2022, 10:17:52 PM »
You'll be fine with Super Resin & clean cloth. I found Autoglym to be good even though new entrants get more coverage. Wash the Jazz first before allowing to dry then apply the polish.
Always clean the front number plate,the door step fr & Rr then front screen inside outside and front wiper blades. It will add another £££ to your sale. If accepting cash only hand over keys V5 after you've paid in cash at your bank. Good luck with the sale.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda Jazz 2004 Idle problem and Check Light
« Last post by honda28 on June 28, 2022, 08:39:01 PM »
Strange thing today. Yesterday I decided to check coolant levels and they were low, I added some yesterday. The idle rpm problems were still there so the check light(after adding coolant). Today I decided to check the ignition coil just to inspect it wanted to unscrew it but forgot my 10mm screw plug so the only thing I did I just disconnected the plug from the coil and plugged it back because I did not have tools to continue the work. So I sat in the car, and yesterday I downloaded a different OBD2 app because with the Torque app there was no option to check misfire count, I hoped that the new app would give the measurements but it didn't. And then I just decided to clear error codes once again cleared the error codes just for no reason and surprisingly the rpms were stable around 600, no check light. Well I did not care about it because couple weeks ago I did delete the codes and literally nothing changed, the check light came instantly again after starting the engine and the idle issue was not gone. But strangely this time not only it did not came back, I drove about 5km's around and it still did not come back, stopped the car, idle is perfectly still at around 600~. Thinking now what is up about this inconsistency? Couldn't damaged ignition coils or spark plugs or vacuum leak always give the misfire issue and check light consistently no matter what until they are fixed? Why would the honda just work fine right now out of nowhere especially after driving for a little, no check light or anything, it always came instantly no matter what until today.  Could have it been that the coolant levels were low? But the problems were still there after adding it, I just cleared the codes today, could the combination of adding coolant because its low and then clearing the code so the computer wont interact somehow with the old information before code clearance? Well I guess I will see if it will come back when I will drive it tomorrow or whatever.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by Roman on June 28, 2022, 07:35:32 PM »

Two degrees of regen are provided, ie 'B' & 'D' mode, with a much less degree in 'D' mode.
Use of the brake pedal provides NO additional regen braking, in fact in overall terms there is less braking energy available for regen, because that energy is then being dissipated by the friction brakes.

In D I get limited recharging of the battery, whereas with light braking I was getting the same regen as with B while still in D.

I believe HRV may have a regen display on the dash, so you can judge how much braking to apply for maximum regen.

What we need is someone to plug into the OBD port, that way they can give us actual figures for the amount of regen each method produces and create a graph like this:

https://www.speakev.com/threads/regen-efficiency-displayed-using-the-torque-app.142183/post-2694350

Using an app, you could create your own regen gauge on a phone to ensure maximum regen.
I did that gauge, using car scanner pro app, and Bluetooth adapter for obd
When brake pedal applied regen gives more power, when accelerator pedal released regen power depends on the speed of the car, when I drive with speed 40km/h in D mode and leave accelerator pedal I get ~ 5kw regen, when on same speed I choice B mode I get ~ 8kw regen if I remember correctly, maximum regen that I seen with brake pedal pressed is 29-30kw both in D mode and B mode.
Regen alone will not give maximum MPG, coasting when that possible gives, more gentle braking for extended time will waste less energy on conversion and more safe for battery, battery not heating up too much.
There another technique  to save more gas, I seen one YouTuber Chanel I think from Taiwan, he tailgating lorries, using ACC on  FIT e:HEV
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: TCut replacement for Pearllescent White.
« Last post by davejazz on June 28, 2022, 06:43:06 PM »
Any sealant polish will give it a good shine and fill the scratches temporarily to make it shine.
I would avoid using any cutting products unless you know what you are doing as you could make a mess.
Halfords sell all the usual, from the old school Autoglym super resin polish, to more modern spray on wipe off sealants like Turtle Wax Hybrid spray sealant.
Get some microfibre clothes and you'll get a lovely shine.

Many thanks for the reply.

I have decided to go with the  Autoglym super resin polish.

After looking on Tebay, Amazon etc, I found the 1 ltr. cheapest at Halfords!!

The resin polish is described as “mildly abrasive”, so do I have to go gently

With the elbow grease?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Ridiculous insurance renewal costs
« Last post by BigT on June 28, 2022, 06:31:58 PM »
Quotemehappy.com have been reasonably priced for me (low mileage, off road parking, but in London, where prices tend to be higher).  They're pretty much all online but I've had no problems over renewal costs.  Of course, things may have changed since my last renewal last December....

This won't help. Zero no claims 66 years living in rural Somerset £320 with SAGA fully comp 21 Jazz EX. As an aside I also have a BMW motorcycle. Moving from Hull to rural Somerset reduced my premium by 40%. The insurance company after 2 months of cover gave me £140 back.....i almost fell over.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Rear Caliper part numbers
« Last post by bill888 on June 28, 2022, 06:20:24 PM »
fwiw, I just examined the Nissin rear calipers I removed from my 57 Jazz a few months ago.

Only obvious engraved markings I could see which are visible on the front of both calipers: 'Nissin', '7CLP13S' and separate 'L' or 'R'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything