Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 06:47:37 PM »
I think this clears up the fact that this offer is at point of sale, ie not available to me to purchase in year 3 of ownership.

That's quite the opposite of what my dealership tells me:
They recommend me *NOT* to buy the extended warranty until year three just in case I (or someone else) "totaled" the car before this time - I wanted to buy it at time of purchase.

So, I'm waiting out next to three years of ownership before buying the prolonged warranty.

You should check with your dealership about this - Honda can't be that different in handling extended warranty across Europe (before you go for it: I'm well aware of the fact that neither Switzerland nor GB is a member of the EU)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 06:37:39 PM »
I'm very keen on learning what they tell you.

Never the less: The Jazz is a great car!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 06:36:10 PM »
In this situation of a slowish puncture, and you decide to carefully drive on to the next (motorway) services, I had heard that the breakdown companies won’t attend; as they would if you are on the hard shoulder.

I would love to have this possible myth dismantled!

As I haven't yet in this dire situation yet (fingers crossed!) I cannot tell you about the demenour of breakdown companies.
My only "slow puncture" so far occured only five miles from home and I was able to go to the tyre shop of my choice and they were like: "What do you want? - Everything looks okay!" - Yes - That's because I inflated the tyre before I drove to you!

Turned out there was a screw in the tyre and they were able to remove it and safely fix the puncture because I didn't apply the gunk.

So, I'm a bit at a loss regarding the "myth" part of your posting - care to clarify?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on Today at 05:38:00 PM »
So if the premature failure of the brake simulator isnt a manufacturing defect then its therefore an engineering design failure .. arguably worse from hondas perspective as it makes them more liable .blaming the defect on the sub contractor who makes the part removes the stress from honda . Failures have occured at low mileages and no one has yet covered distances aporoaching 100k in a mark 4 jazz - it doesnt appear to be failure after x thousand presses of the brake pedal so nothing is wearing out as such .
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 04:59:19 PM »
There was a time when the map update was indeed via a dealer. This was because of the earlier SatNav DVD's being easily copied and distributed

Garmin don't seem to understand that later vehicles have their own mapping and the ability to self update via Garmin Express has been the norm for some years now

Garmin support are frequently useless
« Last post by Chis52 on Today at 03:42:08 PM »
I frequently read in Which? magazine about people who have managed to get companies to act FOC for certain product failures up to 6 years

I wonder how that translates to this obvious manufacturing fault

The email I got from Honda UK said this is "not classified by Honda as a manufacturing defect". I am challenging that statement, because Honda UK and Honda Japan have taken somewhat inconsistent stances on the question whether it is a manufacturing defect that caused these "simulator" failures. Even to a non-expert like me it looks like a manufacturing defect, walks like a manufacturing defect, quacks like a manufacturing defect etc.

I am still waiting for a substantive response to my escalation of the claim against Honda UK for hire car charges that I was forced to pay while my Jazz was waiting to be repaired for 3 weeks under warranty, through no fault of mine.

Mitsubishi pulled out of the UK and European car markets a few years ago (and might return with a couple of re-badged Renaults) so I am wondering if Honda might be about to pull out as well. If that is the case it might explain why Honda UK is resisting my claim, and is showing an inconsistent approach to dealing with other claims relating to the same failed brake simulators.

I was a loyal Honda fan, having had 2 Honda motorbikes, an early Civic, and am now on my 2nd Jazz. After being treated like this by Honda UK, Toyota or Kia now look more appealing for my next car.

You may be right about Honda planning to pull out of the UK market. Judging by the appalling way that they have handled the brake fault problem they clearly don’t care about their reputation any more.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: What is this bush / connector called?
« Last post by jazzaro on Today at 03:12:33 PM »
The yellow arrow is missing. Pink is what is should be as on other side. Anyone know whats its called?

The bolt just above and right of it was sitting there unscrewed and I had to screw it back in. Could the fact that the connector is missing cause enough vibration for it to unscrew itself or they forgot both. Im surprised the bolt was still there after all this time.

The front bumper was changed back in early '23 but its been serviced since last May so strange. Can only think they forgot to put it back in or broke it and didnt replace it?
Could be nr 7 and nr 8?
https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/JAZZ/2017/14-EXECUTIVE/UPHOLSTERY/FRONT-GRILLE-MOLDING-2-/30747/B451/5/30747
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: What is this bush / connector called?
« Last post by tom65 on Today at 03:11:32 PM »
I can’t name what called but I can confirm that it’s missing.
« Last post by Spodric on Today at 03:11:12 PM »
I frequently read in Which? magazine about people who have managed to get companies to act FOC for certain product failures up to 6 years

I wonder how that translates to this obvious manufacturing fault

The email I got from Honda UK said this is "not classified by Honda as a manufacturing defect". I am challenging that statement, because Honda UK and Honda Japan have taken somewhat inconsistent stances on the question whether it is a manufacturing defect that caused these "simulator" failures. Even to a non-expert like me it looks like a manufacturing defect, walks like a manufacturing defect, quacks like a manufacturing defect etc.

I am still waiting for a substantive response to my escalation of the claim against Honda UK for hire car charges that I was forced to pay while my Jazz was waiting to be repaired for 3 weeks under warranty, through no fault of mine.

Mitsubishi pulled out of the UK and European car markets a few years ago (and might return with a couple of re-badged Renaults) so I am wondering if Honda might be about to pull out as well. If that is the case it might explain why Honda UK is resisting my claim, and is showing an inconsistent approach to dealing with other claims relating to the same failed brake simulators.

I was a loyal Honda fan, having had 2 Honda motorbikes, an early Civic, and am now on my 2nd Jazz. After being treated like this by Honda UK, Toyota or Kia now look more appealing for my next car.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: paint bubbling / lacquer peeling
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 02:01:16 PM »
Update: all fixed! Made a mild complaint to Honda and they made it as good as new (free of charge).

Looks like they’ve missed out the rubber seal on one of the rear bumper parking sensors - will this cause an issue?

Thanks for all the helpful comments in thread  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10