Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Sat Nav Update?
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 05:38:21 AM »
As per a previous post, the old TrafficMaster RDS-TMC is no more as of April 2023.

TrafficMaster turned it off, nothing to do with Garmin or any car manufacturers.

This puts the old Garmin built-in units into chocolate teapot territory IMO

Garmin standalone PND's were seamlessly switched from TrafficMaster to Inrix which is way better anyway

Honda no longer use Garmin mapping on newer models, they now use 'Here' so as a result are Garmin not particularly concerned about fully supporting Honda ?

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 05:28:11 AM »
The main thing with this for me is that maybe one day I'll go out to the car to be met with a dash full of lights

The car is therefore unusable on what may be a day I need it most

Russian roulette

Honda should be supplying this part to dealers to be changed during routine servicing at the very least

As it is there is likely to be regular instances of MK4 on trailers being delivered back to dealers because they can't  be driven which won't help sales
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda jazz 2009 jerking
« Last post by 123Drive! on Today at 12:51:01 AM »
Can you explain when it is jerking? My 2009 i-shift is jerking when gear change but if you lift off the gas before gear change then it seems smoother. Also using Shell V-power seems to make the car less jerky. Other then that, change both actuators may be the only way to solve this problem.
« Last post by richardfrost on April 30, 2024, 11:47:42 PM »
That reviewer is an arrogant idiot. What does he expect from a car built to such a low price. Why take the mickey out of it. Some people are perfectly happy with a car like that. It’s like he’s having a go at people with less money or less motoring a,bitiom than him. I did not like him or his approach.
« Last post by jamjar on April 30, 2024, 10:28:56 PM »
https://www.dacia.co.uk/dacia-news/dacia-zen-warranty.html
Even Dacia are now doing it as well. Also on cars for existing owners. Even more incentive for me to look at the new Duster hybrid that’s coming out later this year that’s getting Excellent reviews.

The new Dacia EV coming to the U.K this year:
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Gearbox Mount / Left Engine Mount
« Last post by ssashton on April 30, 2024, 10:09:10 PM »
Is that not the part number stamped on the item listed? looks like 50TF0AMT (zero's not the letter O). Google brings up parts under that number

Nah that's only the metal bracket part, but I need the rubber mount.
« Last post by Jazzyone on April 30, 2024, 09:13:49 PM »
https://www.dacia.co.uk/dacia-news/dacia-zen-warranty.html
Even Dacia are now doing it as well. Also on cars for existing owners. Even more incentive for me to look at the new Duster hybrid that’s coming out later this year that’s getting Excellent reviews.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Brake Pedal Extension.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on April 30, 2024, 09:03:55 PM »
Accelerator pedals are sometimes low set, or of the  'organ pedal ' type which allows you to steady your foot with the heel on the floor for more precise throttle control.  But AFAIK  brake pedals are always of the suspended type.  Because  by resting  your heel on the floor you would only be pressing the brake pedal by flexing your ankle, which limits the range of movement and pressure you can exert.   You should lift your foot from the floor and press down with the full movement of your leg.    OK some people with extra large feet , high heel shoes etc  might habitually  heel and toe in this way,suffient  for power brakes in normal circumstances.  But maybe not an emergency stop.    I would not  recommend trying to replicate it.

The honda brake pedal is at a standard height that should suit all drivers.      The following site gives the  specifications and how to adjust  the pedal height slightly.  I wouldnt recommend trying to change the pedal height in this way just to suit the driver.   If you find your pedal height is considerably out of specification I would consult a mechanic, as there may be other reasons.
https://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/a00/html/00/saa2e00d14300014801mbat10.html

I mean no insult but I also suspect its driver technique.  You should use the right foot for both,  primarily resting your foot over the throttle  , and when you need to brake, lift your leg and immediately move your foot onto  the brake pedal.  There should be no significant time with your foot hovering in mid air.  Any length of time holding the  car on the brakes the foot is supported by the brake pedal.     
Again no offence  but  some drivers get into the bad habit of hovering too much around the brakes,  and sometimes lightly applying them when its not really necessary.  Advanced driving instructors call this 'reassurance braking'.  Search google to see if this applies to you and how to get the confidence to break the habit.  .

Just drive the car. You won't notice much difference. I'd take the 40mph dual carriageway personally. Also MK1 Jazz doesn't have VTEC in Europe. The Fit in the states does but not here.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: looking for info on earth points,jazz 2003.
« Last post by c.lday44 on April 30, 2024, 07:54:39 PM »
The body is the earth. So metal attached to the body will work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything