Author Topic: Mk2 Si alloys  (Read 570 times)

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
Mk2 Si alloys
« on: April 09, 2021, 06:44:13 AM »
I know the 16” chronos alloys are advertised as diamond cut, but are they the same as these modern diamond cut alloys you see everywhere and are they susceptible to ‘white worm’ as much as these modern diamond cut alloys appear to be? Newer diamond cut alloys seem to be a lot smoother in appearance and resemble the rear of a CD compared to the older ones on the mk2 si.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Mk2 Si alloys
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:44:52 AM »
I know the 16” chronos alloys are advertised as diamond cut, but are they the same as these modern diamond cut alloys you see everywhere and are they susceptible to ‘white worm’ as much as these modern diamond cut alloys appear to be? Newer diamond cut alloys seem to be a lot smoother in appearance and resemble the rear of a CD compared to the older ones on the mk2 si.

They are prone to white worm,  ( the main reason that they are no longer on my wifes mk2 Si ) and cost a fortune to get them refurbed.  Replaced with Rial 15" alloys ( see attached PDF )
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:49:11 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: