Author Topic: Alloys  (Read 919 times)

Trebor

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: I vtec es auto 2012
Alloys
« on: April 05, 2021, 12:30:20 PM »
Hi there jazzers, I’m thinking of changing my alloys from 15” to 16” is this just a straight change over?would it change the dynamics of the car??

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Alloys
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 12:40:49 PM »
Reply deleted, I didn’t check in which section it was posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:57:35 PM by UKjim »

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
Re: Alloys
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »
It will change the size of your bank balance when you see the price of suitable 16" tyres !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 04:46:52 PM »
It will change the size of your bank balance when you see the price of suitable 16" tyres !

I agree,  we went the other way on my wifes Mk2 Si,  mainly triggered by the fact that the Diamond cut 16" alloys that the car came with had developed 'white worm' in a surprisingly short time - and diamond cut cost basically double compared to 'normal' alloys for a refurb ( the clear coat on the 'diamond cut' bits is p155 weak, and stone ships trigger an inevitable sequence of events ).   Nothing to worry about the 'dynamics' of a family hatchback of limited performance, the ride is much more acceptable and quieter on 15" ( another reason for the swap was that my wife noticed how much better the ride was when 15" Nokian winter tyres were used in winter ). The much wider choice of tyres at much lower prices is a bonus.... The difference in tyre prices between 15" and 16" basically paid for the new alloys. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:58:03 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Trebor

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: I vtec es auto 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 05:49:51 PM »
Thanks for the valuable advice guys,much appreciated.

Tags: