Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Load Space Mk3 ó Maximum Length?
« Last post by jazzaro on Today at 09:52:56 PM »
Can anyone tell me what is the longest thing I could reasonably fit into a Mk3 Jazz?

Thanks.
2.35mt
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New battery recommendations please.
« Last post by jazzaro on Today at 09:29:57 PM »
Try with an overnight recharge, following the correct procedure (connect the positive to the red pole and the negative on the L-shaped contact, not directly on the negative battery pole https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=10836.msg78306#msg78306 ) before changing the battery. In this case you must use a N55 EFB battery such as:
Yuasa YBX7053 (the OEM battery)
Banner 55515
Midac H55J EFB
Enduroline 048EFB
Varta Silver Dynamic EFB N-55/80B24L
Bosch ST Hightec EFB 70B24L (N55L)
A good test for a dying battery is to turn on and watch the headlights then start the engine. Do the headlights dim?

The battery behaviour you are seeing is very similar to what I experienced with first a Mk 3 Jazz and then an HR-V. I would see the voltage down to 11.8V after a few days of vehicle idleness and down to 11.6V after a couple of weeks. Just before the 3 years was up I left the HR-V at the dealer so they could properly test the battery and it was declared healthy so no chance of a replacement undr warranty. I kept the vehicle for a further 16 months without any worsening battery problems before getting the Crosstar (which has a puny 12V battery that also likes to drop to 11.8V after a period of inactivity).

Suspicion would normally fall on my voltmeter so one day I used an OBDII reader + smartphone app to check the battery voltage. It agreed with my voltmeter's 11.8V.

Here's a relevant discussion about battery replacement https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12738.0 .
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: What Car Jazz vs Yaris vs Polo group test
« Last post by ndavey1 on Today at 09:09:19 PM »
Drivers sometimes briefly fall asleep at the wheel.  This is why I am glad to have warning if I am drifting out of lane without signalling, and why it is mandatory on new cars.  Dipping the mirror simply involves moving the left hand a few inches to flick the lever.

I agree. I could of done with the rdms system 20 years ago when I regularly used to find myself on the hard shoulder of the A13 after nodding off late at night. Mirror dipping is not something thatís important. Just turn it so itís not in your view. I havenít needed to look in my rear view since my test.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: My wife fancies the Crosstar
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:09:17 PM »
After double-deckers, size doesn't matter, but the MG5 wouldn't fit in my garage (well, not without emptying all the junk that has gathered since I got rid of the Volvo). However, that would be the least of my problems as I have no charging at this house anyway. I will have to look closely at the financial situation between them and test driving them before I consider making a decision. The EV is the future, but the Crosstar is the stepping stone to a full EV.
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 09:08:33 PM »
A Jazz will swallow bits of bed frame no wider than the front passenger seat with space to spare. A mattress may be more challenging unless it can be rolled up / folded.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: My wife fancies the Crosstar
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 08:57:10 PM »
I wonder what mpg you could get from a Crosstar given your impressive numbers for a Mk 1 Jazz. However, your optimised driving style means that you've already achieved many of the energy efficiency gains that the hybrid system provides for everyone else. I'm sure that you would like the extra performance although an EV will probably provide even more.

The MG is about 1/2m longer than the Crosstar and a bit wider, should overall size be a consideration. It is for me but I recall that you've driven some large vehicle in your time.
For the first time in a while, the "Fibometer" is currently registering 60 mpg for this tankful. What a difference the warm, dry weather makes.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / My wife fancies the Crosstar
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 08:34:53 PM »
I  commented to my wife that when we replace the old Jazz unless I go electric, I will buy another Jazz. We saw the new Crosstar and had a look at it, and she really liked it. When I told her it was an inch higher than the Jazz, making it easier to get in and out, she thought that would be the one for us. She was delighted to find it was an automatic (she doesn't drive, mind) as she knows I am keen on automatics (I started my automatic love affair before we started ours), and until the Jazz, it was all we had.
So, as well as MG5's, I will be looking at the Crosstar as well.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 08:26:45 PM »
I carried a bundle of 7' long canes in my Mk1, and I could have easily accommodated 8' if need be. The Mk3 should manage the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything