Author Topic: A question for usb music users  (Read 707 times)

Terryp

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
A question for usb music users
« on: September 22, 2023, 03:15:35 PM »
I use a usb to play music as it enables me to carry a lot of tunes without using my phone.

On the main screen you see the files listed as artists, albums etc etc. I know I can use the steering wheel to change tracks and adjust the volume, however if I want to change the artis or album I have to use the main screen which isn’t safe whilst driving.

Question is: is it at all possible to use the steering wheel buttons to open the USB files and go through what’s on there?

Thought I’d as incase I’m missing something. Many thanks.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Re: A question for usb music users
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 05:15:26 PM »
I use the USB all the time, but have to admit I never use the steering wheel controls apart to alter the volume. As for selection, I always have the random play mode. I can go from Motorhead to Morganway in an instant  :D

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 05:22:40 PM »
Have you tried voice commands? For example: Play Album <name> etc, look in manual for more examples.

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM »
Question is: is it at all possible to use the steering wheel buttons to open the USB files and go through what’s on there?
Well, maybe not exactly what you are looking for but if you press and hold the skip buttons on the steering wheel the media player will jump to the next or previous folder.

Tags: