Author Topic: 09 Jazz 1.4 i-shift ABS Pump continuously running  (Read 1007 times)

Spike

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 I-shift
09 Jazz 1.4 i-shift ABS Pump continuously running
« on: May 05, 2019, 11:05:52 PM »
Apologies if this is elsewhere on the forum.

A few weeks ago the ABS pump started running or be intermittently whilst driving. It then stopped, 4 weeks later it's back. Whether at standstill or driving the pump will run. ABS MIL functions as should and has not indicated a fault. Has anyone come across this and any ideas on a possible fault to chase. Thanks in advance. 

Spike

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 I-shift
Re: 09 Jazz 1.4 i-shift ABS Pump continuously running
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:14:31 PM »
Bit of feedback as no replies. Continuous running of ABS pump continued, along with new issue of intermittent Power steering and transmission MIL coming on. Even though vehicle would start OK, turned out to be low voltage. New battery fitted, charging was/is OK and presto all fixed.

Hope this helps

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
Thanks for the feedback,  quite a few posts on forum with mysterious power steering and other problems being caused by a failing battery,  seems to be the first thing to check - certainly if you are not sure of age of battery and its history.  Power steering alone can draw IIRC 40 amps on Mk2,  the power of motor was uprated after experience with MK1 EPS and some niggles about its operation. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 07:01:27 PM »
Bit of feedback as no replies. Continuous running of ABS pump continued, along with new issue of intermittent Power steering and transmission MIL coming on. Even though vehicle would start OK, turned out to be low voltage. New battery fitted, charging was/is OK and presto all fixed.

Hope this helps

Hi Spike,
Glad to see it's sorted - which battery did you buy?

Thanks.

Tags: