Author Topic: Mk4 Jazz UK prices announced £18,890, rising to £23,580  (Read 4005 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Mk4 Jazz UK prices announced £18,890, rising to £23,580
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »
The last graphic at https://paultan.org/2020/02/13/2020-honda-jazz-hybrid-detailed-for-europe/ shows that the battery is in the front part of the boot so there will be nowhere for a spare wheel (but this is no worse than the current production Jazzes). However, rural phone coverage is gradually improving so the need to carry a spare in case of a damaged tyre somewhere with no phone coverage is reducing.

Regarding the parking sensors, I'll be interested to see if they only make a noise or also provide a good graphical display showing the distance remaining to the obstacle. The sensors on my HR-V are too coarse and give a continuous noise when there's still a significant gap to the obstacle (I presume the Jazz is the same).

And a key question has to be whether the "OK" button on the infotainment screen has been banished.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 07:12:26 PM »
I hope the fuel saving will follow wltp data.
About parking sensors, I agree with you.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 10:14:30 AM »
Regarding the parking sensors, I'll be interested to see if they only make a noise or also provide a good graphical display showing the distance remaining to the obstacle. The sensors on my HR-V are too coarse and give a continuous noise when there's still a significant gap to the obstacle (I presume the Jazz is the same).

And a key question has to be whether the "OK" button on the infotainment screen has been banished.
The Jazz handbook says that the rear centre parking sensor sounds continuously at 35 cms or less, and I think that's about what mine does.  There's no front centre sensor, although I don't know why - I would welcome one.
I think the OK button or some similar warning may be a regulatory requirement, or a device to protect the manufacturer from injury claims.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 10:48:03 AM »
I think the OK button or some similar warning may be a regulatory requirement, or a device to protect the manufacturer from injury claims.
My Garmin has the same. You have to agree not to be a d*ckhe@d, and if you are the onus is on you.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 01:03:23 PM »
No, don't think so. On my Toyota the built in Sat Nav 'OK screen' goes away on it's own after a few seconds and doesn't always appear in the first place. Seems like it's a manufacturers choice.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 02:49:39 PM »
I agree with Richardfrost.
Other navi system as toyotas and fiat show the ok button for some seconds, then the device starts running.

Tags:

anything