Author Topic: Price increase  (Read 2298 times)

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
Price increase
« on: September 24, 2020, 07:57:00 PM »
Hi All. Went to local dealer today - mainly to get heads up and info re Crosstar - and went for test drive. I have been a gear stick man all my life - but I did get on well with the auto arrangement.  :) Result was I have one on order - all being well will pick up early October.
One of the things that did sway me is the fact that there is a price increase after September plus the £250 summer deal won't be there. So - did some wheeling  (no pun) and dealing and as I say I have one on the way.
They are selling well - and some colours WON'T be available until Christmas area.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Price increase
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:40:36 PM »
Once you've driven a few miles with the automatic system then you'll be wondering why you stuck to manual gears for so long. However, the hybrid system with the motor helping or doing all the work provides a much more responsive and fuss-free experience than the CVT automatics.

I'm never sure if the price increases are absolute or just provide more room for a bit of negotiation. Nonetheless, there could well be some adjustment to reflect what's selling well (so push the price up a little on what's most popular.

What colour did you opt for and which colours aren't currently available?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

MRCLICKCLICK

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 12:11:09 PM »
Hi John, thanks comments. It sounds like the price increases are real - the £250 summer saving is off - unless you take out finance - but I believe if you book your car now the prices would be honoured - after Oct1 - then new prices. We had a bit of a sales pitch about then having targets for end Sept - so if we took their offer we would get a good deal - I was happy - the only thing was the colour - I had to go with the Prem White - they had 2 in stock for immediate buy - I would have preferred 2 tone blue or red - but that meant a long wait - plus would have cost me around £1000 extra - so I took the deal. I am sure as is always the case you can negotiate somewhat - depends on the dealership etc. We are part exchanging our 2-year-old HRV.
OK re gears - yep - I am long time gears - but able to change - I was impressed both with the non-manual mode - and the response of the Crosstar.

Steve P

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 04:49:19 PM »
I was in my local dealership earlier today,

They confirmed new prices are active from the start of next month, I was told the EX is increasing in price by around £800 or so. To avoid the price increase and still get the £250 summer saving, they said they have to register the vehicle by the end of the month, which means finance arranged or car paid for before October.

Not sure which colours are still available in Honda stock, but was told any colours which have the Grey/White interior are unavailable until the next shipment arrives , which should be on the 18th Oct.

I wanted the Grey, and was lucky that my local dealer had one waiting to be registered as a Demo, which I was able to grab, so hopefully I'll be collecting it next Friday.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:03 PM »
OK re gears - yep - I am long time gears - but able to change - I was impressed both with the non-manual mode - and the response of the Crosstar.
Something I quickly discovered is that there is plenty of instant power. I had been following a tractor at around 35mph, saw a clear bit of road and floored the accelerator (as I've been accustomed to do on previous vehicles) and the Crosstar took off like a scalded cat so we shot past both the tractor and the speed limit. Since then I've been a bit less heavy with the right foot. The vehicle speed closely tracks the accelerator pedal position unless on substantial hills.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 09:14:08 PM »
Guys....
https://www.paconsulting.com/insights/2019/co2-emissions-are-increasing/
According to this study, in the 2021 Honda will be fined with 322 millions of euro caused by CO2 exceedings: considering that EUDM Honda sales are about 125000 cars/year, each Honda sold in Europe should increase its price about 2500€.
Last year in Italy some Mazdas increased their price about 5000€, I mean cars like MX5, so it will be normal to see higher prices than previos years.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 01:43:04 PM by jazzaro »

MRCLICKCLICK

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
might be worth making a decision now abut buying- any car if it comes to that - due to eu being awkward re car spares etc.Get your car before Jan 1.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 10:54:00 PM »
Guys....
https://www.paconsulting.com/insights/2019/co2-emissions-are-increasing/
According to this study, in the 2021 Honda will be fined with 322 millions of euro caused by CO2 exceedings: considering that EUDM Honda sales are about 125000 cars/year, each Honda sold in Europe should increase its price about 2500€.
Which has me wondering if Honda considered this aspect when doing the detailed design of the Mk 4 Jazz and whether spending more on minimising CO2 would be paid for by reduction in the EU fine. The EU rule states "For every 1g/km of CO2 that a manufacturer exceeds its average emissions target by, it will be fined €95 multiplied by its volume of new-car registrations in the preceding year." I suspect the European manufacturers have thought harder about how to minimise the impact, although consumers walking away from diesel might have upset the assumptions. Will vehicles sold in UK after 31st Dec 2020 feature in the calculation?

Which? has published an article about the possible impact of Brexit on car prices https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/10/car-prices-after-brexit-should-you-buy-now/ . There's no effect on the prices of vehicles from Japan.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 04:59:26 AM »
My current plan is to look very closely at both Jazz EX models next Feb when my Civic is in for service.

As usual I will look, get the p/x prices and take them home, much to the frustration of the salesperson. My current 2013 Civic has never had a single problem and I'll be reluctant to part with it but it's been the longest I've had a car and it's getting no younger.

Previously, when commuting, it got changed every 3 years at ~30k miles. I didn't change in 2016 because at that time the new Honda Connect unit had serious problems causing frequent reboots and wiping of user settings.

My Civic has only done 22k due to retirement :)
Let's be careful out there !

GoJazzGo

• Registered Member
  • Jazz owner since 2017
  • My Honda: Honda Hybrid Crossstar
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 10:30:52 AM »
My Crosstar in surf blue was 24k with 5 years servicing - having used the car for two months and seen all the stuff it has fitted I thought that was a very fair price.
Roy

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 09:27:35 AM »
The latest What Car has been comparing the Jazz with the Yaris and Polo.

They comment that the Polo is cheap, however as usual look at the spec:

All this is standard on the Jazz but is a cost option on the Polo:

Adaptive Cruise £620
Climate Control £420
Automatic Lights & Wipers £205
Heated Front Seats £300
LED Headlights £1,000
Rearview Camera £260
Keyless £320

So that adds £3,125 to the Polo to bring it up to Jazz spec.

Same with most German brands, they look cheaper till you spec them up to Honda standards.

And the Jazz still comes out on top :D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 09:29:29 AM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
So that adds £3,125 to the Polo to bring it up to Jazz spec.

Same with most German brands, they look cheaper till you spec them up to Honda standards.

And the Jazz still comes out on top :D

£3125. You can buy a decent Jazz for that !  :D

LJs JAZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es cvt
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
Thats an impressive list of features, only if they are of interest to the buyer, most  on that list would not interest some people ( including myself ) do they offer a more basic model?

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 05:25:03 PM »
Everything except reversing camera is standard across all grades of Jazz.

The prices have decreased if anything since stock became widely available - £21,500 is the going rate for a new Crosstar on Carwow (+ paint etc).

Tags: