Author Topic: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV  (Read 14563 times)

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
Re: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2020, 02:37:29 PM »
Saga continues, sent an email to Honda connected services support on 25th August, received a reply from Leonie Hessfeld on 1st September at 15.17 requesting vin number, email address, mobile number and screenshot.

Sent the info at 16.30 1st September, Leonie replied at 08.51 on the 2nd September they had checked and the TCU was not switched on, advised to contact local dealer to get it switched on.

Booked Crosstar in for this morning, workshop tried for over an hour with no success. There is a problem with Honda connected services servers. Workshop orginally suggested leaving the car with them till the end of the day to see if they can get it to work later in the day but opted to book the car in for Tuesday. Workshop supervisor asked my sales exec if there were any Crosstar available so that they could try later, I pointed out that Jazz is exactly the same setup. I've suggested that if the try another Jazz/Crosstar and they manage to switch on the TCU which means the servers are now working to give me a call and I would go over to get the TCU done.

It looks like this is not a dealer issue apparently the Honda E PDI form has a check box for switching on the TCU whereas the Jazz/Crosstar PDI form does not. Honda strikes again.

Contacted Leonie at HCSS and had a little rant, my local dealer is a 25 mile round trip and I will have at least two trips to get the TCU switch on due to Honda's incompetence.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »
Booked Crosstar in for this morning, workshop tried for over an hour with no success. There is a problem with Honda connected services servers. Workshop orginally suggested leaving the car with them till the end of the day to see if they can get it to work later in the day but opted to book the car in for Tuesday. Workshop supervisor asked my sales exec if there were any Crosstar available so that they could try later, I pointed out that Jazz is exactly the same setup. I've suggested that if the try another Jazz/Crosstar and they manage to switch on the TCU which means the servers are now working to give me a call and I would go over to get the TCU done.

It looks like this is not a dealer issue apparently the Honda E PDI form has a check box for switching on the TCU whereas the Jazz/Crosstar PDI form does not. Honda strikes again.
My dealer phoned me at noon to recommend that my appointment this afternoon be postponed as they hadn't been able to get the connectivity working on their own vehicle so that looks to be the same problem. In addition, the virus is being blamed for a lack of training of the service technicians in how to get this system working but I suspect the underlying problems are in Honda's system.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
Here's a reply I received from Honda Connected Services Support.

we are sorry to hear about this experience.

I have escalated this matter to the relevant department, once I have an update i will let you know.

Hopefully we can resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Radina  Stanislavova
Operations Manager - HCC

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Honda UK seems to be using customers as Beta testers for MyHonda connectivity.

I wonder of how many dealers can actually demonstrate the system working on Jazz e:HEV or even Honda e cars. I also wonder if Honda UK directors are aware of the issues.

Perhaps it is time to get the Motoring Press to start asking questions about MyHonda connectivity problems, that might stir Honda into action!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »
Try a report on HonestJohn they often add customer feedback on newer models.

cjp2k20

• Registered Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2020, 07:55:31 PM »
Picked up my Crosstar on Tuesday, the dealership had absolutely no luck enabling My Honda+, the engineer tried four times in front of me and the salesman.

They're going to contact me when they hear back from Honda so I can come back and get it sorted, I said it wasn't the end of the world as I'd be using Android Auto anyway but it's rather incredible that this issue is ongoing, definitely something not right at the Honda end.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2020, 11:33:17 AM »
My Crosstar is booked in again tomorrow to have the TCU switched on. When they tried to switch it on last week the issue was with Honda connected services servers which a number of dealers were reporting. The workshop are going to try and switch on the TCU of their Jazz demonstrator first and then contact me to let me know whether or not I should go over.

This way it will stop me making an unnecessary 25 mile round trip. Will let you all know the result but not holding my breath.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2020, 04:28:01 PM »
Just received an email from my sales executive, Honda has just sent out a bulletin which states :- the switch should be turned on at the customers request, not automatically

I have asked my sales executive for clarification Does the request have to be made to Honda or the dealer, if it's to Honda this may explain the problem dealers are having switching on the TCU.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2020, 07:54:54 PM »
Just received an email from my sales executive, Honda has just sent out a bulletin which states :- the switch should be turned on at the customers request, not automatically

I have asked my sales executive for clarification Does the request have to be made to Honda or the dealer, if it's to Honda this may explain the problem dealers are having switching on the TCU.
I suspect that the TCU needs to enabled at the customer's request as some people might not want to contemplate the possibility that Big Brother could track their movements.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
Just received another email from Leonie Hassfeld re MyHonda+.

Kindly also assure, that both the seatbelt has been fastened and that the ignition has been on for at least 20minutes, before completing the process.

Still waiting to here from my dealer if they have managed to switch on the TCU in their demo.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
It sounds really odd to have to have the seat belt fastened and the ignition on for at least 20 minutes before completing the process to turn on the TCU. I assume this would involve 1/3 of an hours workshop time, which seems very inefficient.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 04:06:28 PM by csp »

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 04:31:40 PM »
Sorry should have explained a bit better, this is not about turning on the TCU but about installing MyHonda+ app and pairing the mobile and the car.

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 05:29:11 PM »
With mine it was less than a couple of minutes.

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 10:15:05 PM »
This all sounds very frustrating but a modern feature of many cars. It could be argued on essential and distracting.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2020, 11:46:30 AM »
Picked up my Crosstar on Tuesday, the dealership had absolutely no luck enabling My Honda+, the engineer tried four times in front of me and the salesman.

I have just come back from my dealer where they been unable for the second time to switch on the TCU :(

Discussing the issue with my sales executive and she said that because it takes DVLA 5 days to make a new reg no active MyHonda system can't switch on the TCU until the reg no becomes active, go figure.

Tags: