Author Topic: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV  (Read 14356 times)

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
Re: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »
Just discovered more information on the website.
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my-honda-plus/frequently-asked-questions.html#filter-1=1&filter-2=1&filter-3=1
To connect you need to be sat in the car, power on, seat belt buckled and the car in drive ready mode.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 06:40:22 PM »
I asked my dealer about the delay in getting the verification code and was told to contact Honda UK. So I did and, after explaining the problem and spending several minutes on hold, was told that it is a known problem which they hope to fix this week.

Once I get the app working on my phone then it's necessary to arrange to visit the dealer to activate the connectivity on the vehicle.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »
Since connectivity is feature of the new Jazz, activation of the Telematics Control Unit should really be part of the PDI process, even if it involved contacting the new owner first. New car owners do not have to take the car back to the dealer to get the radio or Engine Control Unit activated so why should the TCU be different?

It is disappointing and unacceptable that Honda UK don't seem to have got their act together and sorted My Honda Plus out leaving owners without this functionality!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 01:55:10 PM »
It could be worse - at least the vehicle is very usable without this advertised feature but we should be getting some recompense as beta testers. That the software is often the delaying factor is nothing new - see https://www.economist.com/business/2020/07/18/why-companies-struggle-with-recalcitrant-it which specifically mentions VW's new ID.3. Honda's claim that their hybrid system has benefitted from their F1 work might well be true.

Megansbob

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar EX
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »
Hi I have questioned this with my dealer (Greenacre Honda) and they told me they have made enquires and the system is not yet enabled and won't be for at least another month.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »
What a mess Honda (EU) & UK have made of Jazz Connectivity, they have had months to get ready. I hope that they are going to contact owners and compensate them when they finally get their act together. Selling cars knowing that connectivity is not functioning is unacceptable and dishonest.

Surely Honda should be making an official statement on why they have failed to get Jazz connectivity working. I hope that the eCall system is up and running as I think that is a legal requirement.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2020, 03:15:00 PM »
Selling cars knowing that connectivity is not functioning is unacceptable and dishonest.

Microsoft have been selling software like that for decades....

Again,  a real first world problem complaining about software on cars  :-X  ( rather than not having a car and never likely to get one ).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2020, 01:55:52 PM »
I had the eSIM enabled on my EX on Thursday. This enabled me to validate the app and connect to the car. It does "work " but not very well.  It connected and loaded data from the car two days ago, but has been reluctant to connect since.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2020, 06:44:42 PM »
I tried the app again yesterday and still got the problem of the verification code being delayed so they evidently didn't fix the problem by the end of last week. Perhaps this delay is a man-made problem to camouflage bigger problems with the system.

Austriaman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »
Have any Jazz 4 owners got working traffic updates on Navigation?My dealer has no info about it. They have a call in to Tech. Services and are awaiting reply.

Have just been to the dealer with my Crosstar,  as no traffic subscription is shown. He checked 2 other cars on site, both the same. I asked him to follow up as he didn't know what to suggest.

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2020, 08:09:31 AM »
There appears to be serious problems with the app. Mine connected initially but then failed to connect even though it updated to the latest version. I have reported the problem to the developers. They say they can see that the car's TCU is working correctly (transmitting data) and have asked for further evidence. There is a small icon at the top lh of the audio display that shows a car with wifi bands, when the eSIM is enabled.
I have spoken with my dealer who admits they are having with the app and their demo cars, both jazz and honda e. I am not expecting an imminent resolution.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 07:01:05 PM »
A few days ago I tried running the My Honda+ app again and encountered the usual verification code issue. However, I noticed when the email showed up after 5 minutes that it stated that the code was valid for 10 minutes (whereas the app still stated 5 minutes) so I entered the code and was able to proceed to the next step in the app and got as far as not being able to pair my phone with the vehicle. I've now got an appointment with the dealer to get the eSIM enabled.

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2020, 12:28:39 PM »
My app has connecting with the car more frequently.  Not 100% but a lot better than it was.  I had enabled the core connectivity plus safety and journey elements but not the personal assistant. This was because it was requesting a payment.  This appears to have been fixed as I tried yesterday and it enabled without payment.  Haven't tried it in the car yet. Still struggling with how to talk to the SatNav.

Popdufc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 jazz ex
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2020, 12:50:26 PM »
You can create a virtual WiFi using your mobile as the router. This will use data on your phone but then gives full connectivity. So when you say OK Honda where is the nearest cafe it will use your phone to find it. Or just use Apple play, android auto

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »
Well I glad someone is having luck with MyHonda+

After installing MyHonda+ app and trying for a few days got as far as entering the pin and then the app failed. a few days later tried again with no success.

Uninstalled and then reinstalled app and only got as far as it recognising my Crosstar at which point it failed. Tried again today with no luck, uninstalled and reinstalled again and it got worse failed at trying to validate my moblile.

Contacted HCS (0345 200 8000), got through very quickly. Was asked a number of questions relating to what the issues were and info on myself, advised that the info would be passed onto the tech guys who deal with the app at the end of the call. Hopefully the issue would be solved by the end of the week.

One question asked was if I had been advised at collection if the TCU had been turned on, answered not that I remember. Have emailed my sales executive with the same question.

Here's hoping I will be enjoying all the delights of MyHonda+ by the end of the week
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:02:04 PM by BigRon »

Tags:

anything