Author Topic: A new bug is found :)  (Read 2146 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
A new bug is found :)
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:37:07 PM »
Sunday morning I got into the car and switched the infotainment unit on to disable DST on the clock. Then I switched the infotainment unit off.

Got in Sunday afternoon and after starting the engine discovered that the infotainment unit was stuck at the system menu screen. No response to anything I poked. Tried turning it off/on and it was still stuck. Turned the engine off/on and thankfully the screen returned to normal.

I'm running RC4 so this might be fixed on the more recent Jazz but given the random nature of dealer firmware upgrades that's anyone's guess. At least the solution seemed fairly obvious.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: A new bug is found :)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
 When you say ...
...  I got into the car and switched the infotainment unit on to disable DST on the clock. Then I switched the infotainment unit off.
... do you mean you simply used the on/off button without starting the engine ? I don't think doing that actually starts the infotainment unit, it just turns the audio on/off; certainly if you use it when the engine is running the info unit stays live with a big message "Audio off" on it, the button doesn't actually turn the unit off completely. To adjust the DST setting the unit has to communicate with the car because it changes the time on the RH multi-function display as well as on the big screen. So my guess here is either that your unit wasn't actually running (only the radio), or maybe it tried to pass data to the car, and couldn't because the car wasn't "live", and got itself in a twist because of that. Only a theory ...

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »
When you say ...
...  I got into the car and switched the infotainment unit on to disable DST on the clock. Then I switched the infotainment unit off.
... do you mean you simply used the on/off button without starting the engine ? I don't think doing that actually starts the infotainment unit, it just turns the audio on/off;
Nope. I just pressed on/off because I didn't have my keys with me (the car is kept unlocked in my garage). Just been out and checked and pressing the green on/off button causes the Honda logo to appear followed by the usual stupid warning message and Ok button. Looks and acts exactly like it does normally. I was able to temporarily change the audio source from iPod to Bluetooth and it streamed from my coat hanging up in the lounge.

You know, that if that's screwed it up again I'm going to mutter something about you under my breath tomorrow morning, don't you?

:P

And the clock is correct - I glanced it a lot on my drive back home tonight due to heavier than expected traffic around Banbury.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:09:39 PM by andruec »

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »
You know, that if that's screwed it up again I'm going to mutter something about you under my breath tomorrow morning, don't you?

All part of the service ! ;D

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 07:41:15 PM »

All part of the service ! ;D

Don't spoil it for andruec, you know he loves finding fault with the infotainment system.  :D

guest8014

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 08:01:18 AM »
andruec said: "I was able to temporarily change the audio source from iPod to Bluetooth and it streamed from my coat hanging up in the lounge."

Surely the iPod is BT so what is the audio source link for the iPod? I have an iPod Nano and when I get my new vehicle expect to BT from it.

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 08:33:54 AM »
Surely the iPod is BT
No. I have an iPod Touch and I leave it in the car all the time inside the armrest, plugged into one of the USB sockets in the armrest. The infotainment unit knows how to talk to Apple devices so iPod shows up as a separate source.

Anyway the good news is that the infotainment unit was fine this morning so ColinB didn't break it :)

guest8014

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 08:44:11 AM »
Well my iPod Nano is BT so I am expecting it to connect that way. Perhaps the Touch is not I don't know.

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »
Well my iPod Nano is BT so I am expecting it to connect that way. Perhaps the Touch is not I don't know.
I don't know either off the top of my head but since I leave the Touch in the car it needs to be kept charged and a permanent wired connection serves that purpose. It also means that it automatically starts playing when the infotainment unit boots up or it is selected as a source.

Tags: