Author Topic: Boot floor - very flimsy  (Read 17195 times)

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Boot floor - very flimsy
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
I don't think the dealers will complain to Honda, as they are making money selling space saver kits.  As I live in a flat and have no garage, or even a saw, let alone the DIY skills, I have just forked out £196 for the official version.  I was surprised to be asked what size wheels I had - I would have thought the space saver was the same for all models.

jazzeck

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 10:33:51 PM »
Today went to dealer on another matter and they put in an order for the American Fit 'cargo floor' mentioned previously. The order was accepted with a delivery by month end. The spares man thinks that  probably in a day or two it may be rejected as non UK stock. My next approach is through a relative in Canada and a garage - Haltons Honda in Burlington. Everyone should look at the line-up of Honda models available there, so different from UK.

Will advise all on 'cargo floor' progress.

jazzeck

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »
Got information from Canadian dealer - the floor support -'box assy' shown previously from US is indeed for a space saver a "doughnut wheel" as they call it. So it would not do the job.
I have written to Honda India to ask about the part shown in the You Tube clip referred to previously, this looks the exact part required.
I have also written to Honda Headquarters Japan expressing my frustration with the intransigence of Honda UK to help and also pointing out the'fix' available from India that Honda UK would not even look at!
I will publish my letter and any reply received from Japan when received.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
I'd just like them to make the Mk2 design available. I don't care about a spare but I do like to store the wheels off my golf trolley and my shoes underneath. The cargo netting was useful as well. And the floor didn't bend under the weight of my golf bag and trolley.

jazzeck

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 09:12:49 PM »
Update - the US floor shown in previous reply is in fact for a 'donut' or spacesaver wheel - my dealer did in fact order one for me and verified this, I had in fact cancelled the order but Honda system for some reason delivered it!!

It also transpires that apparently Honda Customer Services have been in touch with my dealer concerning this matter now - maybe the letter to Honda Headquarters in Japan has had the UK given a little nudge???

Watch this space.

different1936

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 honda jazzs
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
with regard to the boot floor issue when using a full size spare the simple solution
is to get some 10 mm thick plywood  cut this to to the size 800mmx470 mm paint
it matt black this will fit perfectly inside the ridge on the wheel well giving a perfectly flat stiff
floor total cost 5 pounds .this is for the 2016 honda jazz,do not waste any time writing to car makers
they never respond and wil not get in to a dialogue with the customers.
hope this is of some use to jazz owners

different1936

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 honda jazzs
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 03:41:08 PM »
do not waste your precious timewriting to honda car makers never reply to sort out the boot floor
with a full size spare get some 10 mm thick plywood and cut it to the size 800 mmx490mm paint
it matt black lift up boot carpet it will fit exactly in the spare wheel well and will be rigid. total cost
approx 5 uk pounds hope this is some use you will be scrapping the car before honda sort you out.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »
the simple solution is to get some 10 mm thick plywood  cut this to to the size 800mmx470 mm paint it matt black this will fit perfectly inside the ridge on the wheel well giving a perfectly flat stiff floor total cost 5 pounds

do not waste your precious timewriting to honda car makers never reply to sort out the boot floor with a full size spare get some 10 mm thick plywood and cut it to the size 800 mmx490mm.
So which size do you recommend: 800mmx470mm or 800 mmx490mm?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 09:30:56 AM »
I recommend a ruler  ;D

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 07:24:15 PM »
I recommend a ruler  ;D

Like, a King?

I often measure with a, rule.......  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 09:09:02 PM »
I recommend a ruler  ;D

Like, a King?

I often measure with a, rule.......  ;)

rule and ruler are now interchangeable terms when describing a measuring scale - I don't necessarily agree with this mangling of the English language - but it seems to be generally accepted - a rule also has more than one meaning, as in the rule of law and a rule which should be obeyed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruler   

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/tools-and-hardware/rules-rulers
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:14:42 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

TonyS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 1.4 EX
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »
Whether you use a rule or a ruler John's question still remains unanswered.

Is it 800 mm x 470 mm or 800 mm x 490 mm ???

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 09:32:08 PM »

I think Dayjo was suggesting John measured it himself  :-X  not a bad suggestion - but if in doubt use the larger size because in my experience it's a damn sight easier to take material off than to add it.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »

I think Dayjo was suggesting John measured it himself  :-X  not a bad suggestion - but if in doubt use the larger size because in my experience it's a damn sight easier to take material off than to add it.

Yep!  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Philno

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk 3 SE 2018 manual Sunset Orange
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2021, 12:12:07 PM »
Hello All
Yes   800mm X 490mm for the 10mm plywood works fine.
I went to my local timber merchant and he cut me
a piece exactly to this size for £6.50 and it fitted over the spare wheel recess perfectly. Saved me a lot of time having to saw one to size myself!
Boot carpet drops down on the board ok so no more sagging. You can't see the board.
When weather picks up I'll spray the board Matt black and might screw on a couple of half inch thick batons underneath the board to give it even more rigidity, but I don't think this is absolutely necessary unless we want to put something very heavy in there. Supermarket shopping loads are fine as it is. We find that lifting up the Magic Seats
is great for shopping also. Beginning to really like this SE Mark 3.

Take care All

Phil

Tags:

anything