Author Topic: Extended warranty on a 2016 EX and other Qs.  (Read 682 times)

JamtartJazzman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz XE Navi
Extended warranty on a 2016 EX and other Qs.
« on: March 07, 2021, 11:42:05 AM »
Morning all

I've just purchased said car and it will have the 1 year Honda approved warranty.  I've been offered a further two years extended guarantee.  Looking at the paperwork online, there's lots of exclusions and not much much info about what's actually covered!  Thoughts on this please?

Also wondering what to look at early doors to protect from long term issues.  My old civic had brake pipes which rotted for example.

Any other advice welcome! It's a CVT auto by the way.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Extended warranty on a 2016 EX and other Qs.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 12:17:13 PM »
I have never been one for buying extended warranties, or any other insurance product, so I would personally decline their offer. You've 12 months to iron out any unlikely problems and have purchased about the most reliable car there is. I would stick the premium you were going to pay in the bank and put it toward any future problems.

Re the Cvt, I believe it needs an oil change every 2 years with proper Honda oil. Other members will be able to confirm this, and you can research using the search facility.

Enjoy your new car.  :D

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Extended warranty on a 2016 EX and other Qs.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 01:41:15 PM »
I agree with Westy36.  If you get the car serviced by a Honda dealer at the end of your one year warranty, you should be able to get Honda Assist free of charge for a further year.  Your car should have had two cvt oil changes so far.  I’ve had no problems in over 40,000 miles.

Tags:

anything