Author Topic: Autoexpress: 2017 Honda Civic: new spy shots, specs and prices  (Read 8592 times)

guest1372

Re: Autoexpress: 2017 Honda Civic: new spy shots, specs and prices
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
ps. I will miss the manual parking brake.. don't like these button ones.
Agree about the engine cover, open a VW and it's about 1m2.  One good thing about the electronic parking brake is you don't have to release it when you set off, but for those of us who roll/push their cars a couple of metres rather than start it up it will be a pain - I assume engine off = parking brake on.
--
TG

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 08:53:33 AM »
A good summary of the changes are listed on MSN cars. Change pictures to see the relevant text: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/new-2017-honda-Civic-revealed-bolder-better-and-british/ss-BBwdXSg?ocid=spartandhp#image=18

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »
An interesting point with the new Civic is that the auto transmissions will be a CVT of which Honda have plenty of experience.

Vic.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Video: Producing the 10G Civic hatch
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 09:35:50 PM »
Inside the Swindon factory producing the Civic 10G hatch.
Best played at least 1.5x standard speed (too much slow-mo panning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDjZFa9KI

--
TG

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »
I have spent more hours of my life than I now care to think about installing and getting equipment like that into production (assembling the body shell is called 'body-in-white' because no paint is involved yet).  All those sparks are just for effect, if the welding guns are set up properly they don't spark - but the film-makers know that it looks boring and they always asked us to turn up the welding current until nice big satisfying showers of sparks were produced.  Truth is quality control would reject a body that had been welded like that.

I can remember times when quality found marks (dings) on panels,  especially 'skin' panels which show up when car is finished (and the marks look worse when they are painted) - we had to track back through the whole process to find out where the dings were happening - happy days  ::)

I felt bad about putting people out of jobs and replacing them with robots,  and as some operators used to say 'you realise those robots won't be buying cars' - how can you argue with logic like that ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything