Author Topic: Honda Jazz/Honda Jazz Crosstar Price Increase.  (Read 1053 times)

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
Honda Jazz/Honda Jazz Crosstar Price Increase.
« on: September 21, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »
Just come back from my dealer this morning getting the TCU swiched on.

While I was there had a conversation with the general manager. He had just received a bulletin stating that next month there will be a price increase of between £0.00 and £1000.00 on the Honda Jazz/Jazz Crosstar.

He had not fully read the bulletin but his thoughts were SE £0.00, SR £500.00 and EX £1000.00, also the Honda E price is rising by £500.00.

Honda has a habit of increasing prices in April and October just after the new regs. They did exactly the same with the new CRV.

They increased the price of the Hybrid by £1000.00 because in the case of the EX petrol and EX hybrid there was less than £1000.00 differential between them with long delivery dates on the petrol, so everyone was buying the hybrid.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 02:43:33 PM by BigRon »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: Honda Jazz/Honda Jazz Crosstar Price Increase.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 01:44:27 PM »
Just come back from my dealer this morning getting the TCU swiched on.

While I was there had a conversation with the general manager. He had just received a bulletin stating that next month there will be a price increase of between £0.00 and £1000.00 on the Honda Jazz/Jazz Crosstar.

He had not fully read the bulletin but his thoughts were SE £0.00, SR £500.00 and EX £1000.00, also the Honda E price is rising by £500.00.

Honda has a habit of increasing prices in April and October just after the new regs. They did exactly the same with the new CRV.

They increase the price of the Hybrid by £1000.00 because in the case of the EX petrol and EX hybrid there was less than £1000.00 differential between them with long delivery dates on the petrol, so everyone was buying the hybrid.
CO2 fines...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 02:04:15 PM by jazzaro »

BigRon

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 02:56:47 PM »
No it wasn't CO2 fines, just Honda trying to make customers purchase the petrol rather than the hybrid.

HUK orginally thought that the petrol would outsell the hybrid by at least 2:1 for the first year but when the hybrid was launched it was at least 1:2 (partly due to long delivery time on the petrol). I know my dealer was advising customers they could wait 3 months for a petrol or a hybrid for less that £1K more almost immediately. From memory CRV EX petrol was circa £36K, CRV EX hybrid circa £36.9K.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 03:57:27 PM »
As far as I can know, the GK series production has been stopped at the beginning of this year, so what you still find in dealer's rooms are the last petrol jazz avaiable.
Honda now has to sell HEV and BEV models to reduce CO2 fines, but also has to recover part of this fines from all his customers, so prices will increase.

https://www.paconsulting.com/insights/2019/co2-emissions-are-increasing/

Tags:

anything