Author Topic: Quick questions on the MK3  (Read 3735 times)

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Quick questions on the MK3
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 01:13:21 PM »
Now we have bought the car and had the chance to drive it properly, we have a few more questions I hope you guys can help with.

1.   Has anyone managed to pinpoint the cause of the whistling sound at speeds above 50mph? Is it wind noise? Can it be fixed?
2.   Is there any way to turn off the feature where the headlights turn on when you unlock the car at night?
3.   Is there an option to have the passenger side mirror dip down automatically when you engage reverse (so you can see the kerb when parking)? This is something many other cars have nowadays, but I can’t seem to find it in the manual.
4.   Is it possible to connect an iphone to the Honda infotainment system such that we can use things like Siri or screen mirroring etc.
5.   Is there a way to turn the auto start-stop function off permanently? It seems we have to turn it off manually each time we start the car and then a bright amber light comes on on the dash which is a little distracting.

1. I’ve not noticed any whistles from my mk3 EX

2. Don’t know a way of turning off that feature but I’ve noticed that sometimes they come on and sometimes they don’t so there must be something I’m doing but I don’t know what?

3. No this feature is not available

4. When an iPhone is connected via Bluetooth you can use Siri eyes free by holding the talk button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds you can ask Siri for various things I use it most to play music from my Apple Music account

5. No you have to turn it off every time

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »
Has anyone managed to pinpoint the cause of the whistling sound at speeds above 50mph? Is it wind noise? Can it be fixed?
Have you checked that the rear windows are fully closed? If one is not fully up into the frame this can lead to a slight wind whistle.

RobS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 67-plate 1.3 S
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 02:25:24 PM »
2. Don’t know a way of turning off that feature but I’ve noticed that sometimes they come on and sometimes they don’t so there must be something I’m doing but I don’t know what?

If you turn off the headlights before turning off the ignition then they don't come on next time you unlock the doors.

SuperCNJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 03:55:21 PM »
Has anyone managed to pinpoint the cause of the whistling sound at speeds above 50mph? Is it wind noise? Can it be fixed?
Have you checked that the rear windows are fully closed? If one is not fully up into the frame this can lead to a slight wind whistle.

Yep, that's the first thing I did. It's definitely not the windows as I made sure they were all fully closed. But I can still hear it. It's not so bad driving around town, but once you get on the motorway it does get quite annoying. I have to turn up the radio to drown it out.

phillywolf

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX Navi
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 04:07:46 PM »
Have a whistle on our MK3. It is clearly the passenger side door mirror housing in our case.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 05:18:49 PM by phillywolf »

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 05:21:53 PM »

Yep, that's the first thing I did. It's definitely not the windows as I made sure they were all fully closed. But I can still hear it. It's not so bad driving around town, but once you get on the motorway it does get quite annoying. I have to turn up the radio to drown it out.

Thinking about it I had an annoying twittering sound on both my mk3’ s which I cured by spraying silicone spray onto all the rubber door seals the sound has not returned

Tags: