Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks, Steve, for replying. I have an oil and tire change record from the previous owner, but no mention of spark plug replacement. Do you recommend this as a starting place? If this is the fix, it would be a lot better than buying a new sensor. Here in Morocco, labor is pretty inexpensive, but factory parts for imported cars are really, really expensive.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Best steering wheel cover
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 11:30:08 AM »
I wouldn’t be happy with a cover so had mine professionally thickened and retrimmed by a craftsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Best steering wheel cover
« Last post by eskatephil on Today at 11:25:19 AM »
Hi.

Anyone has any experience with a good steering wheel cover?

https://amzn.eu/d/fZNjiaE

I’m looking for something like that from Amazon - just not sure what’s the best size

(For Honda Jazz 2019)
New Members / Hello from AZ
« Last post by BrandonGetsIt on Today at 11:24:09 AM »
Been around for a few months, just never got round to posting so here goes …
You could have a coil/sparkplug breaking down, they can cause electrical interference which can be picked up by the Crankshaft position sensor.

Do you know the history of the spark plug changes? Have all 8 been replaced etc.?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 09:57:03 AM »
I didn’t have an OEM rear camera so I fitted an aftermarket camera. I don’t believe the Joying or other Android units support the Honda camera but you would have to check with them.

AFAIK there isn’t an OEM microphone n the Jazz as phone calls are handled by Bluetooth and use your phone’s microphone. I fitted  the an external microphone which works fine.

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by rock0 on Today at 07:06:19 AM »
The cable you are showing is the same as the one supplied with the Joying.

Why would you want to use one port for the CarPlay, as it is wireless CarPlay so you don’t plug in your phone?

There are 3 USB ports on the Joying, you receive  one adapter as per your picture and 2 long plug to socket cables you can feed into the glovebox or some other convenient location.

I have found that the onboard USB sockets when connected to the adapter cables do not have the power to charge my iPhone 15 Pro.

I have not used the built in microphone as I already had one installed from my previous head unit as they all use the same connection. Very easy to install an external mic, the internal one isn’t much good.

Hi UKjim, you seem very well informed. Could you please confirm a few things for me?

I assume the Honda OEM microphone cannot be used? So install the aftermarket microphone, if supplied?

Did you have any trouble integrating the OEM reverse camera? I have read there is a Reverse Video Camera Retention Harness needed if I want to utilise the OEM camera. I am unclear if this is included in the Joying listing you've recommended (or any other AliExpress listings).

Are there any other recent things you've learnt about the new Infotainment unit you've picked up recently?

Cheers.

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by eskatephil on Today at 12:22:14 AM »
It looks really good - probably the first device that has 60fps
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Honda Jazz 2019 Stock Radio
« Last post by eskatephil on Today at 12:16:41 AM »
What do you mean by running with the built in head unit - this looks like an external device all together.

At this point I’m still thinking what to do - either will get joying or just an iPad mini 6 and use it on long trips
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Honda Jazz 2019 Stock Radio
« Last post by equaliser on May 09, 2024, 09:33:47 PM »
Forget adding apps to the headhunt, it runs an ancient version of Android and is too slow to run any modern app. You could add Apple CarPlay or Android Auto by using a device like this: https://www.carpodgo.com There seems to be a few different options around but this one looks promising, I saw a YouTube video showing it in action and was impressed that it could run with the built-in headunit. Might look at getting one once I've done a bit more research.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10