Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 195767 times)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: My Hondas: Were. Original HR-V, 4 CR-Vs, Jazz, HR-V e:HEV. CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV. Now eNiro4+
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2024, 11:41:35 AM »
Off topic I know, our a/c packed up, apparently it's a leak at the condenser, Honda build quality isn't what it was.
I had the same thing on my Crosstar last summer, replaced under warranty but it took several months to get the part.
Same happened to my Jazz last summer. Took over two months for the replacement condenser to arrive so we endured the hottest part of the summer without air-con. This is my seventh Honda and definitely the most unreliable. I will be trading it in for a Kia very soon.
I jumped (out of Honda) before I was pushed. Reading the various fora, I saw that Honda reliability was not as it used to be. Although to be fair I have never had any problems with my 8 Hondas going back 23 years. Latterly, I haven't kept them long enough for anything to go wrong!
I swapped my CR-V Hybrid for a s/hand eNiro. Best car I have ever owned (out of 79)
7 year warranty and FREE 7 year connectivity.
It's only down side is that in spite of the 7 year warranty you only get ONE year breakdown. Perhaps Kia have more faith in their products than do al the manufacturers who only offer three years WITH 3 years breakdown, which you may well need!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2024, 11:51:44 AM »
The first post on this topic of brake failure was in January. We are now in May. Honda U.K. will have known about this problem even longer and have far more information than is reported on this forum. Honda E and other Honda models have the same issue. Judging from their behaviour so far, I wouldn’t hold one’s breath for a recall.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2024, 06:22:59 PM »
While it isnt acceptable we have the attitude of honda for claims outside warrantry on tbe brake simulator-i have considered moving to other brands when my jazz reaches three years old . And while toyota and lexus ( new LBX) offer 10 year warrantry the service intervals are 10,000 miles . They dont offer a discounted servicing plan like honda . Also their fixed price servicing is a step above hondas pricing so over 100,000 miles its not much different to pay for honda extended warrantry and cheaper servicing .. having test driven the lexus and toyota yaris cross i still really rate my jazz -so im keeping it!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2024, 09:28:46 PM »
I asked the sales chap yesterday at John Banks Honda Colchester about the problem, and what's going on. He said they hadn't had an issue reported within their dealer group and all is well. Hmmm, really?

I think it is about time Honda did the right thing and issue a recall with immediate effect.

With all due respect Honda, the Jazz is not a volume seller in the UK, so it will not cost a lot to step up and restore the reputation you've spent so long building and rightly earned. There must only be a small number of vehicles affected. Get this sorted Honda.

pauly58

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2024, 09:06:33 AM »
With the official recall in Japan & China which involves a huge number of vehicles, I don't believe the parts are available to do the same in Europe.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: My Hondas: Were. Original HR-V, 4 CR-Vs, Jazz, HR-V e:HEV. CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV. Now eNiro4+
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2024, 10:00:45 AM »
If Jazz isn't a big seller, which model is?  see more Jazzs round Poole than anything else. A lot of older CR-Vs.
To be frank Honda as a brand is certainly not the most popular make round here. Perhaps thats why Honda are thinking of pulling out of Oz!
Declining sales everywhere perhaps? such a shame if it's true.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #336 on: May 20, 2024, 06:20:02 AM »
Honda sells over 1 million cars each year in the US.
Honda profits are growing strongly.
The EU is a sideshow with punitive regulations - see EV requirements. Honda sales have nearly  halved in 4 years.
The UK is a smaller sideshow with EU regulations .
Honda's BEV sales are largely expensive and uncompetitive in the EU.

Plug pulling time soon.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 06:26:42 AM by madasafish »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2024, 08:25:50 AM »
Once my new house DIY is complete I'm selling mine, hopefully before next insurance due date in April 25

The whole car scene is now a nightmare with new prices and insurance and some dealers arguing there is no underlying problems ala our MK4 Jazz and the 2017 Civic rubber timing belts

"You're the only one we've heard of" "Wear and tear, you'll need to pay"
Let's be careful out there !

Honciv

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Mk4 Facelift
« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2024, 10:47:22 AM »
What do you plan to replace it with though?

Karoq

• Approved Member
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2024, 10:50:00 AM »
Honda sells over 1 million cars each year in the US.
Honda profits are growing strongly.
The EU is a sideshow with punitive regulations - see EV requirements. Honda sales have nearly  halved in 4 years.
The UK is a smaller sideshow with EU regulations .
Honda's BEV sales are largely expensive and uncompetitive in the EU.

Plug pulling time soon.
I like to be a leader, rather than a follower, ;D hence I pulled my Honda plug last July for various reasons mentioned in other posts,

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2024, 11:31:52 AM »
I pulled my Honda plug last July for various reasons mentioned in other posts,

Hmmm... reading your profile: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV.
And of course I read that you swapped your CR-V Hybrid for a s/hand eNiro. "Best car I have ever owned (out of 79)
7 year warranty and FREE 7 year connectivity."

I really didn't know that the number of years of warranty and FREE many years of connectivity determines the quality of a car...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 11:45:23 AM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2024, 09:56:28 PM »
Once my new house DIY is complete I'm selling mine, hopefully before next insurance due date in April 25

The whole car scene is now a nightmare with new prices and insurance and some dealers arguing there is no underlying problems ala our MK4 Jazz and the 2017 Civic rubber timing belts

"You're the only one we've heard of" "Wear and tear, you'll need to pay"
The belt in oil is used by several companies, and they are all turning out to be utter disasters. They should stick to proven technology. As you say, wear and tear and they're off the hook in Europe. I think they've all looked long and hard at how VAG have got away with building some appalling machines (early dsg, timing chains, EA189 fiasco, Columbus head units etc the list is very long!) and treating their customers poorly outside of warranty to no detriment to their market share. BM and their N47 engine timing chains is another text book case of same.

Into the mix has to be the change in how people buy their cars nowadays. I understand less than 5% of punters buy their motors cash, the rest are on the never never monthly. Therefore, the long term engineering and quality of a car is of no concern to the majority of buyers and manufacturers are only too aware of this. Disaster and terrible for the planet. 

Either way, come on Honda, get this sorted!!

Maybe all forum members should email Honda UK ( info.uk@honda-eu.com ) and complain. Surely 100's of complaints from current and future MK4 owners would make a difference? Just a thought.

Does social media activity not get the most response these days? I don't do social media, but maybe those that do?

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.41
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #342 on: Today at 06:43:43 AM »
Quote -
"Maybe all forum members should email Honda UK ( info.uk@honda-eu.com ) and complain. Surely 100's of complaints from current and future MK4 owners would make a difference? Just a thought."

It might also convince Honda time is up in UK,

ps having difficulty on site as keep on getting warnings about site safety, took 4 efforts to be able to paste this on, sorry to diverge from subject

Karoq

• Approved Member
« Reply #343 on: Today at 11:29:27 AM »
Hmmm... reading your profile: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV.
And of course I read that you swapped your CR-V Hybrid for a s/hand eNiro. "Best car I have ever owned (out of 79)
7 year warranty and FREE 7 year connectivity."

I really didn't know that the number of years of warranty and FREE many years of connectivity determines the quality of a car...
[/quote]
Sorry,  I had forgotten to put the Niro on my profile.
I think you misunderstood my comment.
I am not saying that 7 year warranty determines the quality of the car, but........
1. Kia are obviously more confident of their products, as are Toyota, MG, Hyundai etc and all those with warranty longer than three years.  Interestingly, in general, all the cars with longer warrantys appear higher up the reliability ratings than many of the 3year types. Look at Jaguar/LR. VAG all sinking in the reliability ratings and all with only three years.
2. Those with 3 year warranty will offer an extension AT A COST . Cars with longer standard  covers are all free.
3. Most manufacturers I have come across, give you only ONE year connectivity, after which you have to pay and in most cases the cost is exorbitant. Kia give you SEVEN year connectivity FREE.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:43:16 AM by Karoq »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #344 on: Today at 11:31:41 AM »
Sorry to add such a long post to a long thread.

I still hold the view that ALL car manufacturers have serious faults from time to time. Jumping ship to another brand may not make you immune from faults.    Its how well they resolve the issue and treat the victims of their mistake - ie their customers, that makes the difference.

Although there are some  encouraging signs that Honda are at last  beginning to behave more honourably with regard to warranty repairs ,and who pays to correct Hondas mistake , it still seems its those victims  who have learnt the facts and able to argue their case that succeed best.   How many have grudgingly paid major repair costs    but will get their revenge by never buying another Honda or recommending them to their friends and family?    I did have a vague plan of passing my Jazz on to my daughter,  but I certainly dont want to lumber her with a potential future major repair bill .So even if I buy another Honda myself  they have lost a potential new buyer.

The argument has been made that a recall would result in a shortage of spare parts and workshop capacity.
This did happen with the Takata airbag recall a few years ago.   Come on Honda, either only a few cars are affected and you can afford to fix them, or there are a lot of cars involved and you cant afford not to fix them. Especially if you hope to charge a premium price  based on a  reputation for reliability.  Instead you chose to prioritise using new parts  to produce more new cars rather than repairing the faulty ones that are ruining your reputation.   

Not wishing to minimise the seriousness of those  situations I can see parallels  with the major scandals  being revealed  in the UK  , contaminated blood, post office, etc etc  where there is evidence  Managers, professionals ,politicians etc  followed a policies that protected  their  own reputation, jobs, financial profits etc.

Is situation worse in Rip off Britain?   Main dealers typically have several Franchises.  They love to sell to fleet buyers, sell financial packages, and charge  premium prices for repairs.    If an owner decides  to quit Honda they will happily sell you a Kia  or whatever from  their other Franchise.   If Honda withdraw from Europe  there are plenty of other car makers from China etc looking to expand their dealership networks.

If you have a warranty problem  there are several hurdles  to negotiate.  The dealership, happy to charge you if they can.   Then the warranty is administered by "Honda administration"   which in reality means "TWG Services Ltd"   This is basically an independent  warranty providing company  who operate on an insurance underwriting basis.   The service they provide is to Honda UK, Not Honda Customers . TWG provide Honda Uk with  a call centre and staff to 'handle' claims. Staff experienced in looking for small print  and reasons to reject claims. Put crudely the more claims TWG can reject the bigger their profits, and cost savings they can offer  Honda UK. . But its not TWG's reputation at risk. Its Hondas.     To be fair to TWG  and Honda UK,  several other Car manufacturers and organisations such as the RAC administer  their warranties in this way.  At least in the UK.

The next Hurdle, if your case  even gets that far, is Honda UK.  I am only speculating here  but I imagine  Honda UK are accountable to Honda Japan, and the more money they can save administering and paying out on warranties, the better their performance appears on a balance sheet  to their bosses in Japan.  And the real cost to Honda in lost reputation may never reach senior managment.    Or they might decide the number of cars sold in Europe  doesnt justify trying too hard  and prefer to maximise profits as much as they can. 

At present I love the Hybrid system, and the Jazz is an ideal size for me.   But when i change I will look again at the alternatives. And if Honda overprice the Jazz there will be more alternatives  in my price range.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: