Author Topic: Honda UK's Sept 19 sales...  (Read 3124 times)

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Honda UK's Sept 19 sales...
« on: October 04, 2019, 06:09:49 PM »
...don't make very pretty reading, -24% on Sep 18, itself a bad month.   Market as a whole was +1.3% on Sept 18.

Dealers must be jumping out of windows (at least, those that haven't already jumped).

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Honda UK's Sept 19 sales...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
A precedent to more Honda dealerships closing. I can see it happening locally where we are customers of the Vertu Honda group. Where I live we are surrounded by three Vertu Honda dealerships each within 15 to 20 miles and another dealer 35 miles away.
With those figures posted by Rory they can't all survive unless the advent of the hybrid range brings about a change.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 07:35:39 PM »
I think Suzuki ave taken a lot of sales from Honda, their prices are lower and if my brother's grand vitara 1.4 all wheel drive turbo is anything to go by their cars are excellent  I have seen loads of recent plate vitara and swift driving around - I know from my motorcycling that Suzuki make excellent reliable engines.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 10:46:27 PM »
Perhaps some potential customers are waiting to learn more about Honda's hybrid and EV offerings, and how much they cost, before parting with their cash. The overall sales statistics showed a rise in EV sales but Honda's first offering has yet to reach the showrooms here.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »
A precedent to more Honda dealerships closing. I can see it happening locally where we are customers of the Vertu Honda group. Where I live we are surrounded by three Vertu Honda dealerships each within 15 to 20 miles and another dealer 35 miles away.
With those figures posted by Rory they can't all survive unless the advent of the hybrid range brings about a change.

Have you checked recently they're all still there?  A fair number have closed for various reasons and in addition Honda are already in a program of chopping the number of dealers.  The one in Bracknell, where Honda UK is based, closed a few weeks ago.

https://www.am-online.com/news/latest-news/2019/06/19/honda-uk-plans-to-cut-up-to-55-sites-in-the-next-two-to-three-years
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 10:28:53 PM by Rory »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 07:12:27 PM »
Have you checked recently they're all still there? 

Yes they are, I looked on their websites earlier.

Vic.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »
Family-run Collins Honda in Hailsham now part of the Yeomans group and next month will share a site in Eastbourne with Yeoman's Peugeot dealership.

Bexhill Honda closed a few years back.

Tunbridge Wells Honda closed at least 18 months ago, the Mazda dealer it shared a site with also closed but was picked up by the Mazda franchise holder for Eastbourne and Crawley, but no takers for the Honda side so far.

Nothing listed for Maidstone anymore from what I can see.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 12:06:59 AM »
The new Jazz and Electric can't come soon enough! 2 issues for me for lack of sales: lack of what customer wants and ; pricing. My local Toyota garage is only 5 mins away from Honda and it's so busy with all the Uber Prius and Hybrid Yaris. The Honda is so quiet in comparison. Look at the hybrid range of cars Toyota has provided for the UK market compared to Honda's. Then you got Kia and Hyundai offering good value alternatives. With pricing being so competitive, buyers are also trying Lexus, BMW and Mercedes as they are same as Civic or CRV prices  Market is tough out there but shame the MK3 Jazz and Civic aren't available in Hybrids, as a result customers moved to other brands.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:08:58 AM by 123Drive! »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 08:06:28 AM »
Saw an advert for the new, BEV Mini on last night's telly. On sale early in the new year.

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 11:35:55 AM »
It's a bit scary to see that the UK accounts for 60% of Honda's sales in Europe - Honda must be becoming virtually non-existent in many European countries now.

Tags:

anything