Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Illumination for heating/ventilation dials
« Last post by CarlDW on Today at 12:40:55 AM »
Hi, how easy is it to replace/repair the illumination behind the heating and ventilation dials? Mine appears to be intermittent (a tap on the lower dashboard usually does the trick) - is there a simple replacement or fix? Thanks.
Hybrid / Re: Hello from a "New" used Jazz Hybrid buyer
« Last post by smilertoo on November 15, 2018, 11:23:55 PM »
These are normal manual mpg numbers, i thought the hybrid was supposed to go well in to 50+mpg.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: No power to driver's side mirror
« Last post by Felixbrisbane on November 15, 2018, 11:13:50 PM »
Its possible that mirror has been recently replaced (hence loose) and suffers from having the wrong wiring standard. I've just replaced the drivers outside mirror on my Australian G3 with one that LOOKS identical, including the right colour and positioning of the wires (plus an extra two wires for the heater which we don't use here - see my post nearby).

The plug inside the door panel connected fine but the light didn't work until I crossed two of the wires to opposite colours. Now the light works but when I press UP the mirror turns RIGHT and LEFT turns it DOWN and so on. They may have just left it unplugged rather than present you with these issues. At the least, tighten the three nuts (10mm deep socket) before the mirror wiggles loose and hangs off the car, easy to do. Good luck with it.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Obtaining Radio Code - GG6 with sat nav
« Last post by tomaszek on November 15, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »
Hi, Just changed my 07 Jazz Sport CVT for a 13 ES-T CVT. Log Book says GG6. Came without anything. So need to get radio code and hopefully the whole owners manual and Navigation Manual. Any help gratefully received.
Tom
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Looking to buy first ever Jazz
« Last post by andruec on November 15, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »
when every passenger vehicle is battery then all the pollution will be increased in the power source i.e. the power station.
That is actually one of the major benefits of EVs. It's a lot easier to trap/filter harmful emissions from a few dozen fixed buildings than it is to trap/filter them at millions of rapidly moving vehicles. It's also easier (and often more financially/politically practical) to upgrade the trapping/filtering devices at a few dozen fixed locations. It's also a lot more practical to switch to a better power generation source in a few dozen places than it is to replace the power trains on millions of vehicles. Buy an EV today and some of the power is being generated from dirty fossil fuels. Over the lifetime of the vehicle that can change without having to modify any aspect of the vehicle.

EVs have some issues but having the power generation taking place in a few dozen specific industrial locations makes it far easier to tackle problems arising from that power generation.
New Members / Re: Greetings from Panama
« Last post by RichardA on November 15, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: 2018 F1 season
« Last post by RichardA on November 15, 2018, 08:14:39 PM »
Hartley in 11th and Gasly in 13th in Brazil.
« Last post by Omits on November 15, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »
I looked at the Toyota Hybrid before buying the Jazz. Producing the battery takes energy and pollution. Getting rid of it will be solution and a cost to the owner. Replacing it after 5 years will be what 2000 plus labor? And if there is a fault in service probably several hundred quid. when every passenger vehicle is battery then all the pollution will be increased in the power source i.e. the power station. It's going together proportionally more expensive to run a vehicle of any sort soon. Back to pedal cars I think.
« Last post by culzean on November 15, 2018, 07:38:51 PM »
I would wait until it is the norm and a decent charging infrastructure is in place. I have seen electric cars queuing to get on chargers. People can use them as a parking space when their charge is complete. Early adoption is sometimes not a good idea.

+1

Let early adopters take the pain and frustration (some people actually seem to like it ) some battery electric vehicles ( BEV) at the moment are actually powered by the smugness of their owners ( like Toyota Prius Hybrid have been since they were introduced ).

Looking at the claimed and actual miles per charge of present BEV is like looking at apples and oranges, The NEDC figure is wildly optimistic and bears no relation to real world range.  It is the wild west out there at the moment with claims of range.  The problem seems to be that when you take a BEV on the motorway at 70mph or more the range plummets - they are tested at 50mph or something, and in stop-start motoring the range drops,  on wet roads the range drops,  in cold weather the range drops...etc. etc. )

https://www.gearbrain.com/electric-car-range-test-cycle-2547963655.html

I see James Dyson has just won a court case against the way EU allow testing of vacuum cleaners, believe it or not they allowed the testing of cleaners when they were empty ( which suited the makers of cleaners with bags - you guessed it the Germans make cleaners with bags,  he has had the testing changed so that the cleaners have to have a measured amount of dust in them when suction is tested - I would not believe that the Germans cheat the tests ( do VW make vacuum cleaners ? ).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46135645

« Last post by Skyrider on November 15, 2018, 06:49:44 PM »
I would wait until it is the norm and a decent charging infrastructure is in place. I have seen electric cars queuing to get on chargers. People can use them as a parking space when their charge is complete. Early adoption is sometimes not a good idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10