Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / EGR and occassional kangaroo performance
« Last post by Ed the Jazz on Today at 12:34:17 AM »
About 3-4 weeks ago experienced slight stutter when accelerating form a crawl with my 2004 Sport CVT - behind bike on country road  and then accelerate = stutter/miss/jerk. Plugs and air filter etc assumed ok as had major service in late Feb. Had CVT fluid changed (triple flush) which was due but didn't think that was the problem...problem remained. Took to Halfords (done all servicing and repairs for a number of years) to go on diagnostics £49.99 - showed EGR valve not fully opening. Given a quote of £657 to replace!!!!Decided to not go ahead. Got a quote from local Honda dealer for just the valve of approx. £320...where do Halfords get the fitting price from? Decided to try cleaning it with Bottle of Xtreme petrol clean (£7.99) straight into the tank (25ltrs) and a can of Wynns EGR valve cleaner (£10). Removed EGR valve wiring bracket (10mm) and the 2 EGR bolts (12mm - need a small socket as std too big). Took EGR valve off block complete with gasket. Cleaned the EGR valve ports and ports in the block. Replaced the valve after 2 hours cleaning. Seems to have sorted the problem, increase the tickover, steady running - fixed for £17.99! Easy job but ensure you have small sockets.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What have I done? Sticky steering gone...
« Last post by ReverseParker on May 24, 2018, 10:55:48 PM »
Did you have to tap the new wheel onto the splines with the same force?
Because they offer the 5 year plan I assumed itís every 12 months? I donít do many miles per year, maybe 6k give or take a 1k. Should I have brought the service plan?
I think the 5 year service plan is good value compared to paying for annual services one by one.  With low mileage you should have nothing to pay except perhaps for replacement front tyres.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Get new Jazz with CVT?
« Last post by JazzyJJ on May 24, 2018, 10:39:11 PM »
Brought 2018 Jazz EX CVT today  :o

Should take delivery next week.

I donít know about you guys but itís quite a big decision to buy a brand new zero miles cars - first time.

Hopefully long happy reliable ownership.  :D
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Whatís the service interval for the new 2018 Jazz?
« Last post by Skyrider on May 24, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
The service interval is 12,500 miles or 12 months whichever comes first.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Whatís the service interval for the new 2018 Jazz?
« Last post by JazzyJJ on May 24, 2018, 07:22:43 PM »
Because they offer the 5 year plan I assumed itís every 12 months? I donít do many miles per year, maybe 6k give or take a 1k. Should I have brought the service plan?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: "My Honda" dongle & app
« Last post by mikebore on May 24, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
There was an update today to the My Honda app for iPhone which has made it unusable.

Lots of Time out error messages and spinning cogs, and have to accept Terms and conditions every launch.

Tried to say the above in the feedback section and get the the response "Unable to send feedback, unknown error"

Not a great loss, but I did find the journey logs and maps interesting.

Anyone else updated?

UPDATE: tried sending feedback again and it was sent OK
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Different transmission types.
« Last post by daveyboy on May 24, 2018, 05:33:32 PM »
I will use it in auto most of the time around town and perhaps try out the paddles in the country lanes until i get fed up haha.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Different transmission types.
« Last post by andruec on May 24, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
Yes your right andruec i had this type in my Daihatsu yrv 130ps turbo and it was very good and quick in a straight line 0-60 7.8 secs but let down by its handling mind you what i liked is it was different but the honda jazz sport cvt should be as good if not better another thing in manual mode if theres a steep downhill you can slow the car with this mode.
Yes, these days the only reason I use the paddles is to use engine braking on hills. With my Mk1 I would also use them to select a lower gear for rapid overtakes but I kind of grew out of that. My only annoyance is the handling of the engine mode change which can result in sluggish acceleration at low speeds or what feels like a change down on moderate inclines. I believe both of these might have been largely fixed in the face-lifted Mk3. Mind you the face-lifted version also fakes a change down/up/down sequence when you have the accelerator floored. It doesn't feel like you arg changing gear but it sounds like it. Probably a fop to try and satisfy journalists and others who don't understand the fundamental advantage of a CVT.
When i get the jazz sport i would like to send photo on here from my phone can anyone tell me how to do it.
First you must post your photos on a site like Imgur or Flickr. You then copy the Direct Link from that site.
You then open the Insert Image icon among the post reply options and paste the copied link between the middle square brackets, (img]paste link[img)

I will give that a go when i get the car although im not a show off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10