Author Topic: Anyone else getting 94 mpg?  (Read 4772 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Anyone else getting 94 mpg?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 09:24:22 AM »
They did say they did the run in June, to get the short nights and didn't use the radio. Wonder what the radio does to mpg? How much petrol it uses to run it? I never use mine if I am in the car myself, but my wife likes it on when we do our weekend run.
They also said the wind was from the south, so they must have waited for that too.
If the car was not prepared by the dealer I bet the tyres were pumped up to maximum safe pressure and the spare wheel, jack, suitcases etc were all in the van.
I'll have to have a look and see what Guinness World Records requires for the record to stand.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 10:46:58 AM »
Yes - some good advice - most of which I follow. I need to cut out these 2 mile trips. I agree with Jocko about Motorways especially if you try to maintain a steady 70, that will kill mpg.
So..maintain a steady 60 :)

It probably won't make much difference to the journey time in most cases. I also find that I get out feeling much more relaxed at journey's end.

On my recent trip to Cornwall I tested that out. 47 mpg at 70 and going up many hills. 53.2 mpg throttling back to 60 (ish). More relaxing drive as well.

guest6436

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 11:40:51 PM »
Sounds Do-able.
Im able to get 3.5-3.6l/100km (78mpg) when driving 75km/h in 5th gear, with good summer tyres and perfect weather over long distance. They did it at 65km/h!

I have 2003 mk1 Jazz! So yeah.. with 14years newer car at lower speed, I doubt that's impossible!

Fairly sure If they would let me drive it I would have got 100+ MPG  :P

Tags: