Author Topic: Infotainment System Error Message  (Read 78158 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Infotainment System Error Message
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
I think FM/DAB link is a feature whereby, if you drive into an area of low DAB signal strength, the radio will switch to FM to try to keep playing the same station. Of course if it's an FM black spot as well it won't have any luck so you lose audio completely. If that's what's happening, it's not a glitch, just a "feature" of radio coverage. It may be that by the time you restart it you've moved out of the temporary black spot. Just a guess.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2016, 12:22:23 PM »
Thanks ColinB, I have got my hands on the book, but not the car since I posted about the glitch. You are right about the link, it and others, are explained on page 326 of the book. I will check the settings if I ever get my hands on the car keys. :(

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2016, 10:52:19 AM »
I think I have figured out what is going on with my FM/DAB link. When I drive beneath my garage door I lose the DAB signal, the sound cuts out while the radio looks for the FM station,  by this time I am along the road and the DAB comes back on.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:27:29 AM by Deeps »

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2016, 07:22:42 PM »
Our Jazz had it's 1-year service today. Still no news on the RC6 "final solution". Wonder if I'll still be waiting at the second service in a year's time ?

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2016, 08:36:46 PM »
Had the RC5 upgrade done about a month ago and as far as I can tell everything now works fine, except perhaps the BST clock saga!!!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2016, 08:51:36 PM »
Same with my RC5 update, all I need now is a fix for operator error.

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2016, 07:56:17 AM »
Had the RC5 upgrade done about a month ago and as far as I can tell everything now works fine
Same with my RC5 update
(All of the following has already been documented earlier in this thread)
Whether RC5 has fixed the problem rather depends on what your problem was. If you only had the (relatively trivial) Trip A issue, RC4/5 should have fixed that and you're home free. If however you had the "Process system" error and it's associated system crashes - which was after all the original reason for starting this thread - then Honda make no claim that RC5 will fix that and the advice is that we need to await RC6. I would also be wary of claiming it's all OK after a relatively short time, there are reports in this thread or elsewhere of this recurring weeks or months later, and my personal experience is it came back after 13 weeks of trouble-free operation. So yes, I too have had RC5 and am currently fault-free (well, the car is anyway). But I have zero confidence that will continue so I continue to press my dealer for a proper permanent fix. And I am mildly annoyed that it is taking so long.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2016, 04:51:58 PM »
How is RC5 holding up for all you who have had it done?

Reports above are all "good so far".

I had it done today after getting about three "wait" messages or shutdowns per week with RC4.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2016, 04:59:56 PM »

Reports above are all "good so far".

I had it done today after getting about three "wait" messages or shutdowns per week with RC4.

My infotainment system has worked flawlessly since the RC5 update, I only use it as a radio, phone, and fuel consumption monitor. The last bit still lies, about +4 mpg, to flatter Honda. :-)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:04:13 PM by Deeps »

mikebore

• Approved Member
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »
Thanks...encouraging.

I noticed immediately after both the RC4 and RC5 updates that the Trip A mpg was about 4mpg less than when I took it to the Dealer to be done. The Trip A miles since last fill was preserved. The car wasn't driven by the Dealer because I waited while it was done.

When it happened with RC4 I hoped it might that the update was making the computer mpg closer to reality, but it wasn't so, as you are confirming. Must be something else about the update process that causes the trip A value to change.

guest1372

« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2016, 06:57:38 PM »
I noticed immediately ... that the Trip A mpg was about 4mpg less than when I took it to the Dealer to be done
I think they leave your car idling when doing the pre- and post-work checks to ensure that the car has not arrived or left in a broken state.  10 minutes of idle may be enough to drop your trip mpg.  Also certain software update proceedures demand that the car is running to prevent a loss of battery power mid-update.
--
TG

mikebore

• Approved Member
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2016, 08:13:38 AM »
I noticed immediately ... that the Trip A mpg was about 4mpg less than when I took it to the Dealer to be done
I think they leave your car idling when doing the pre- and post-work checks to ensure that the car has not arrived or left in a broken state.  10 minutes of idle may be enough to drop your trip mpg.  Also certain software update proceedures demand that the car is running to prevent a loss of battery power mid-update.
--
TG

Good thought. You're right...I just checked the Service Bulletin for RC4 which actually states:

"It is important that the power supply to the audio unit is not disrupted during the software update as this may cause irreparable damage. The update should be carried out with the vehicle connected to an external power supply or with the engine running."

The SB also says to restore all customers FM and DAB radio presets which didn't happen!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:46:17 AM by mikebore »

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »
Nothing new since my comment on 1st Nov. 8 weeks since RC5 and it's behaving itself, but previous experience suggests it's still too early to be really confident.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2016, 07:11:03 AM »
Morning

I'm considering switching my 9G Civic to a Jazz EX Navi CVT next time round as I don't need the size now.

I spotted this thread so ....

Here is the latest info regarding the Honda Connect system:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda Connect FAQ:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/m...nnect-faq.html

To check what version of App Center you have.

Settings> Android > Apps > Honda App Center.

The latest version is 1.3.5, you can easily update yourself if you don't have the latest.

The above App center update fixes 90% of the random issues, e.g. reverse lines, random errors, random rebooting etc. this was due to processor over uses to an infinite loop.

The "Process system failure error" also relates to the App Center update, as the countermeasure put in place in RC4 was not a definite fix.

Bluetooth call quality is still an on-going issue that has only been improved over progressive RC updates but never finally fixed.

At the Garmin Home screen, select "Setting", "Map & Vehicle", "myMaps" this will then list the loaded maps.

Map version 2017 is now available via Garmin Express for customers to update or Dealers should offer it as good customer retention during routine servicing, thou many don't seem to.

Garmin Express updated 13/12/2016 to version 5.0.0.0

If the unit freezes:

To Reset, hold power down.

Hopefully useful info
Let's be careful out there !

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2016, 08:02:37 AM »
Here is the latest info regarding the Honda Connect system:

Honda Connect FAQ:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/m...nnect-faq.html

To check what version of App Center you have.

Settings> Android > Apps > Honda App Center.

The latest version is 1.3.5, you can easily update yourself if you don't have the latest.

The above App center update fixes 90% of the random issues, e.g. reverse lines, random errors, random rebooting etc. this was due to processor over uses to an infinite loop.

The "Process system failure error" also relates to the App Center update, as the countermeasure put in place in RC4 was not a definite fix.
Thanks for that update. But it looks like the URL's got corrupted, the text string contains an ellipsis so it doesn't work. Any chance of posting the full URL please ?

Regarding the App Center (sic), it has been suggested previously that that's the root of all evil (see posts #114 & 115). I don't know if anyone else had any success with it, but my personal experience was that I was getting system crashes even with the most recent version, which at that time was 1.3.4. If there's a newer version then that's probably worth a try, so thanks for that info.

My system is currently behaving itself after having had RC5 done. But we are just coming up to the 3 month point, which various people have reported as being when the problems start to recur, so as far as I'm concerned the jury's still out.

Tags: