Author Topic: Infotainment screen power button  (Read 10502 times)

spacey

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz se 1.3 2016
Infotainment screen power button
« on: November 09, 2023, 09:31:44 PM »
Message on infotainment screen "Anti theft system has lost power.  Press power button for 2 or more seconds".  I cannot use the infotainment system at all - can't reset clock to GMT etc.  There is no power button visible.  The handbook has details of old radio etc. system - which did have a power button - but nothing about the system which is fitted to the car (first reg. in 2016).  I'd be very grateful for information about how to deal with this.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Infotainment screen power button
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 10:27:33 PM »
That's a standard message if, for example, the battery's been disconnected for some reason. It means the unit needs the anti-theft code. The original unit in the SE trim has a fairly prominent power button above the top right corner of the screen (it's a physical button, not a virtual one). For the "colour display system" fitted in the base "S" trim level, you press the volume knob. A long press forces the unit to get the anti-theft code from the car's ECU and enables it to restart.

But your comment seems to suggest the car doesn't have the original infotainment unit; have you or a previous owner replaced it? If so .... no idea I'm afraid. There must be some way of inputting a radio code, you'll need to find the code and the instructions for that unit.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:41:36 AM by ColinB »

spacey

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz se 1.3 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 09:57:24 AM »
Brilliant!  Many thanks Colin - it's now back to normal.  Incidentally, I'm sure it is the original & not a replacement.  There must have been something wrong (in Honda or elsewhere) which resulted in the handbook having an out of date section in it.

FarNorthJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 01:19:36 PM »
If your handbook does not match with the car,  you can download Jazz handbooks from the Honda website at

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html

You might need to experiment with downloading the handbook for an earlier or later model to get the correct pages for your car

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 01:56:30 PM »
Let's be careful out there !

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.

Tags:

anything