Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Insurance 2008 Mk1
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 03:48:51 PM »
Quite a few insurance companies have  decided to no longer renew insurance on certain cars  , or certain drivers due to their age (young or old) or experience, or their postcode.   My insurers -Hastings direct,  insured my  Mk4 for the remaining time left on my existing policy but were unable to  offer a  quote for a renewal. I easily found competitive quotes  elsewhere  who were only too happy to accept me and my car. :-*

Incidentally  you may be asked if you have ever been refused insurance.  You havnt been refused personally.  ,  They  have just declined to offer quotes on certain classes of business  .

I can only suggest getting quotes from several  of the big on line comparison sites such as  go compare, compare the market, confused etc, and the other big car  insurers who market their product directly rather than on comparison sites.  Or a more individual broker such as Adrian Flux, who advertise on this forum ,especially if yours is a difficult case, modified car etc. 
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Additive for manual gearbox
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 03:17:11 PM »
I have never used it but quite a few reputable  companies such as STP, Wynnes, Liqui Moly, Molyslip make a  gearbox oil additive. This suggests it can help  in  some cases.    I think its worth a try in a manual gearbox in an older car.    Especially if you are able to do the work yourself. 
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Additive for manual gearbox
« Last post by ciciban on Today at 12:59:46 PM »
Hey guys,

I've recently made a post about issues with my gearbox on my 2007 Jazz.

Link: https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16685.0

Since then, I've seen Honda mechanic and he suspects that needle bearing(s) on synchros have gone bad. He said it's not worth to open and recondition the gearbox because nothing can happen (gearbox won't fall apart or fail). He advised to put some a gearbox additive that might reduce the noise and to replace the oil. I changed the oil 10k km ago.

My question is if anyone has used additives in manual gearbox and if there were any benefits?

Thanks in advance!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by Hicardo on May 16, 2024, 10:57:15 PM »
Yep it was all a bit of a mess, and hard to understand what offer was on when in 2021.  Bear I mind that the poor punter had to try to figure out what a Five Care Plan was, What a Five Service Plan was etc etc.  I'm not making excuses for my mistakes.  I wish I had been more thorough about what I was actually getting when I purchased in June 2021. 

So I did some investigation myself online over the last few days and found that a Five Service Plan was available in June 2021, and a Five Care Plan (5 Years service, warranty, rescue) did not get marketed and available to buyers until sometime in July 2021.  Therefore, I must have had only the 5 year Service Plan on my purchase in June 2021.  A few days later I had exactly the same explanation  from the salesman I dealt with in 2021.  At least the explanations tallied.

However I'm now in the position of having to purchase a warranty extension to be on the safe side, if I'm keeping the car, which I plan to   :o
« Last post by olduser1 on May 16, 2024, 09:06:27 PM »
« Last post by WelshBeauty on May 16, 2024, 07:43:42 PM »
Hi.
Hopefully we can help out with a competitive insurance quotation.
Regards,
Dan.

Can you tell me about your Insurance company, is it FLUX?  Any help would be great, the forum have hardly been banging my door down with replies.

Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Going up a size ??
« Last post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on May 16, 2024, 06:06:39 PM »
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all for a change in tyres then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
« Last post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on May 16, 2024, 06:03:54 PM »
Hi.
Hopefully we can help out with a competitive insurance quotation.
Regards,
Dan.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Garmin Map Update Procedure
« Last post by davejazz on May 16, 2024, 05:04:16 PM »
Mine was in for its second annual service two days ago, and they updated the mapping to the latest version, as they did last year.

My nearest dealership last year, wanted to charge £40 for them to do the update, but I discovered by going to my second nearest, the update was free.

If you don’t ask, etc, etc!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Garmin Map Update Procedure
« Last post by R2D3 on May 16, 2024, 12:19:29 PM »
I contacted Garmin regarding the update not working.  This is their reply:

"I do apologise for the inconvenience however the Honda mapping has been temporarily disabled due to a bug during the update process.

Please be patient while we try to resolve this issue for you."

I had the same response , affecting the  Mk.3 Jazz too.

They are taking note of the email addresses of all those that have contacted them about the problem and will let us know as soon as it's fixed.

I thought it about time they should have sorted this so contacted them again this week. Their reply:
"I do apologise that you have not been updated,. however the Honda mapping is still  temporarily disabled due to a bug during the update process.

Please be patient while we try to resolve this issue for you."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything