Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Interior light bulbs
« Last post by 7422Honda on March 23, 2024, 07:53:17 PM »
Update for anyone wondering or facing the same issue. Checked all the fuses and they were ok. Replaced the bulbs (T5 12v 1.2W) which fixed the problem.

How to remove:
- Radio: https://youtu.be/SveJI1B37bY?si=_1RUyk5tJw0YcA1q&t
- Radio, fascia and bulbs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceY6zFkdVnU&t
- Hazard light bulb: https://www.civinfo.com/threads/how-to-replace-hazard-light-switch-bulb.427878/

Last one was a bit tricky, but you need to push both plastic hooks to get the outer cover off, then you can acces the bulb.

My next step is to figure out if one can swap the bulbs in the window switch unit.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: specifications
« Last post by Nicksey on March 23, 2024, 07:25:53 PM »
I went for the EX Style, as it had what I was used to on my previous Renaults:
Reverse camera
Heated seats/steering wheel
Sat nav
Door protectors and rear spoiler
Climate control
Auto cruise control
Side collision monitor
Front and rear parking sensors

So, all these gadgets/trickery I had become used to and enjoyed. I wasn't prepared to go backwards and lose these luxuries.

What I do miss that the Renaults had, were auto dimming mirror, TomTom (which I did find better than the Garmin.. but only slightly) and height adjusting/positioning passenger seat... although the magic seats do make up for this loss.
« Last post by ahavoja on March 23, 2024, 06:54:37 PM »
Things I like, and would pay for:
- Reverse camera. Makes reversing a breeze. It would be even better if the camera could hide itself from dust, like on a Mercedes-Benz or Volkswagen.
- Heated seats and heated steering wheel. I don't need to bring gloves to car anymore.
- Ability to tow a trailer. 2024 Jazz models can tow up to 500 kg, which is good. But I would wish for 750 kg. 2023 models were not approved for towing for some reason.
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Jazz doesn't have this, but I would pay for this if this was an accessory.
- Satnav or (Carplay and Android auto) or at least a holder for phone. Some way to display maps while driving.
- 2-spoke steering wheel. Lets you hold the wheel from the bottom as well. Jazz Advance and Crosstar have this, but Jazz Sport doesn't.

Things I wouldn't pay for:
- Roof rails on Crosstar. They add drag, wasting fuel. And they are on the way when brushing snow off the roof of the car. Still I'm going to keep them on my Crosstar, they aren't that bad.
- Low profile tyres and large wheels. Sensitive to potholes and more expensive to replace too. Most Jazz models come with 16" wheels. I wish they came with 15" wheels instead.
« Last post by 5thcivic on March 23, 2024, 06:48:48 PM »
I don't drink wine so... I want everything :) Seriously leather seats used to be nice, had them in the Civics, but nowadays not worth it with part coverings they now do. Low profile tyres on our terrible roads, complete waste of money! Heated seats and steering so much quicker than the air con, once comfortable after a couple of minutes you hardly need the aircon. Satnav a must, Android auto good enough. The last Civic had motor seats with side and lumbar adjusts, don't really miss it, Jazz seats are just fine.

Frankly the best feature not on the Jazz is the all round cameras in the E, they are just brilliant for parking, you can judge kerbs within cm so easily, better than stretching and upping and downing the side mirrors, garages and public car parks now a breeze. I really would want that in any car from now on.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / specifications
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 23, 2024, 05:57:35 PM »
Step one.  Introduce your wife to £0,90 per litre  wine box.    Step 2 . Dispense in sufficient quantities that your wife says "I'm done with frugal, I dont want a car with less than we have now"   Good investment.

What do you regard as essential and worth the extra.  Which would be better spent on better wine.? 
I know its been discussed before. Maybe the answer is to refer to a previous thread.   But there new members and new trim  trim models.

For me, reversing camera is a must.  Maybe an after market option if necessary.  Heated seats, probably , heated steering wheel maybe.    Inbuilt satnav, No if smart phone alternatives can be displayed.   Extra faux leather trim -no.   
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Engine fans constantly on while A/C is on
« Last post by Beneeeeek on March 23, 2024, 05:38:52 PM »
Hi everyone. I already seen similar topics but still need some advice. I just noticed that that engine fans are Ci stantly running when I'm using A/C. Before them been kicking on and off in like 20 seconds intervals but now the fans keep spinning until I manually turn them off. When switching A/C on I can hear compressor kicking in and it seem to work normally, I had system regassed and checked for leaks about 10 months ago (gas run out because of faulty valve)
Some people say that my gas level is on the level to just start the compressor and fans but not high enough to cool properly to switch the fans off with proper intervals.
What do you suggest? Is it just a case of regassing and checking the system again at the garage or you might have a different solutions?
Thanks in advance.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda Car Insurance
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 23, 2024, 03:42:25 PM »
My father only learned to drive in his  40's  and on retirement only used the car to tour various supermarkets trying to save  a few Pennies  on the cost of milk ,at the cost of 10 times as much in petrol.  .  (Remarkably my mum learned to drive in her 60's, passed her test then seldom drove again ) .  During the few miles they did drive  they were probably quite a  high insurance risk.  :o   I WALK between supermarkets to save 5P on milk  :P

But i started  riding a motorbike on my 16th birthday, and driving a  car on my 17th birthday. I'm now 70 .  I still drive about 12K miles a year in various countries.    (8 K in the Jazz ,4K in another car )  I still think I am a competent and safe driver,better than most ,  but if I'm honest with myself  not quite as good as I was in my prime.  (Institute of advanced motorists)  I have never made an insurance claim.

There are now more like me and fewer like my dad.  Presumably  pensioners are now regarded as main stream car users, but with reduced faculties.   Low mileage pensioners  are no longer being given the same discounts.    But insurance is never fair. You pay a premium for your postcode, age, Job etc, based on statistics,  not your actual risk level. (which for some of us may be an advantage   ;) )   
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / EV Battery life.
« Last post by Nicksey on March 23, 2024, 03:30:10 PM »
I know there are a few of you here that have the first models out of the factory, and some with 30k plus on the clock. I was wondering if you still achieve 10 bars on the charged display?
I know the battery is guaranteed for 8 years, but was curious for how long it will achieve a full 10 bars
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Voice Commands
« Last post by 5thcivic on March 23, 2024, 03:09:56 PM »
I find it works quite well to call someone in your favourites list without having to poke the screen.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: side skirting and spoiler
« Last post by Jaroon on March 23, 2024, 02:31:27 PM »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything