Author Topic: Honda e  (Read 16464 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Honda e
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »
It is certainly a powerful little car. It has more horsepower than the Jazz Sport 1.5, but more than twice the torque, which is what really counts for driving pleasure. With more weight in the Honda e, some of that advantage will be soaked up, but with an extremely low centre of gravity and rear wheel drive it should be a joy to throw round corners. Think BMW 118i.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 02:41:09 PM »
It is certainly a powerful little car. It has more horsepower than the Jazz Sport 1.5, but more than twice the torque, which is what really counts for driving pleasure. With more weight in the Honda e, some of that advantage will be soaked up, but with an extremely low centre of gravity and rear wheel drive it should be a joy to throw round corners. Think BMW 118i.
Presumably all whilst playing the sound of a throaty V8 out of the hifi !

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 02:46:52 PM »
I prefer Southern Rock myself.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 03:11:34 PM »
Not happy at all with the single pedal control.
I noticed what looked like a switch for this next to the parking brake.

I agree about having automatic reactions. I curse those vehicles which have swapped the wiper and lights stalks so indicating to turn right results in a wipe of the windows.

There's a lot a like about the Honda e except that it's too small for my needs both in terms of range and boot capacity. I hope that some of the features such as cameras instead of mirrors (less aerodynamic drag) carry over into the other new models. Have Honda had the gumption to realise that with front and rear view cameras on board they've got built-in dashcam capability and only need to provide a place for the user to add a memory card?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest4871

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 05:24:18 PM »

I curse those vehicles which have swapped the wiper and lights stalks so indicating to turn right results in a wipe of the windows.

I agree 1000%. It amazes me that everything on cars is so highly regulated and standardised except something as simple as which side the wiper and light stalks are positioned. Unbelievable.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 05:47:31 PM »

I curse those vehicles which have swapped the wiper and lights stalks so indicating to turn right results in a wipe of the windows.

I agree 1000%. It amazes me that everything on cars is so highly regulated and standardised except something as simple as which side the wiper and light stalks are positioned. Unbelievable.

Changing over from older British motorbikes to Japanese bikes was even worse - the gearlever on older bikes is on RH side and on Jap bikes and newer bikes it is on the left ( and vice versa with rear brake lever ), so if you have both old and new bikes and ride both it can be interesting.....  and the gearbox on track bikes is up into first and then down for higher gears,  on road bikes it is the the opposite.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 06:05:04 PM »

Changing over from older British motorbikes to Japanese bikes was even worse - the gearlever on older bikes is on RH side and on Jap bikes and newer bikes it is on the left ( and vice versa with rear brake lever ), so if you have both old and new bikes and ride both it can be interesting.....  and the gearbox on track bikes is up into first and then down for higher gears,  on road bikes it is the the opposite.

I used to have an old vellocette which was the same not only was the gear lever on the RH side it was also upside down it was fun switching between that and my Honda 250RS

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 07:06:57 PM »
On older cars I have had wipers and indicators switching sides. If my wipers are on in the dry I am turning left!
My FIAT 126 light switch went Side/Dip/Main beam. The first night, on a winding country road, I switched from Dip to Side instead of Main. At 50 mph. Heart stops for a second! Next day I switched the Main and Dip wiring over.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2019, 09:01:20 PM »
I've been through the brochure again and nowhere can I find any reference to a brake pedal.
The description quite clearly says, Single Pedal Operation, push the pedal to go, take your foot off to brake.
It's certainly not, single pedal operation, if there are two pedals.
As I said before, it's extremely dangerous, and I won't be buying one, unless of course I've missed something?

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 09:10:53 PM »

Forgive me if I am wrong, but the picture (albeit LHD), shows a small accelerator pedal, a larger brake, and a foot rest for the left foot. As does the previous photo I linked to.

In One Pedal operation the car can be driven using just the accelerator pedal, though it is neither mandatory or necessary. The new Nissan Leaf is the same, if I am not mistaken.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 09:15:01 PM »
A brilliant section here on the Nissan Leaf E-pedal mode (their name for one pedal operation). See under "Don't touch the brakes".

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2018-nissan-leaf-update-e-pedal/

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 09:22:43 PM »
Well Jocko, I have to accept that your photo does indeed show two pedals.
That being the case, how can the car, possibly be described as One Pedal Operation?

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2019, 08:06:22 AM »
On those brilliant (I think) camera wing mirrors, in the video it says they weren't developed for the e, so there's a good chance they'll appear on other models.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 08:53:57 AM »
That being the case, how can the car, possibly be described as One Pedal Operation?
Well it can be operated by one pedal, if you switch that option on. You just disregard the brake pedal. The spec doesn't say it is "solely One Pedal".

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 06:26:10 PM »
I reckon there is a switch - see the interior photos in the configurator.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: