Author Topic: Elapsed Time reset now linked to Trip A reset....was separate in Mk2  (Read 2500 times)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
On my Mk2 I had the Trip A miles and mpg set to reset when refuelled, and the elapsed time was since engine start.

This suited me very well. I liked to see the elapsed journey time, and I could compare the displayed mpg with the actual tank fill mpg.

On my Mk3, AFAICT, the customisation option for elapsed time is now linked to the Trip A miles and mpg (p133 in manual). So its says how many hours since last fill, which is not very useful.

I could juggle about with different settings for Trip A and Trip B, but it seems a backward step to me.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Elapsed Time reset now linked to Trip A reset....was separate in Mk2
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »
Some trip data is also available on the big screen. It might help fill the info gap.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

DWF

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »
I leave the 'A' trip readings to do their own thing and have the 'B' to reset when refueling etc. I leave the info centre on the 'B' all the time. So you can have both as I see it.

mikebore

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Yes you can have both by using different settings for A and B, which means an extra toggle.

But with the Mk 2, the elapsed time was always since start which I liked.

I don't find elapsed time since refuelling or whatever very useful, maybe some do.

It's a small point!

Tags:

anything