Author Topic: Service Reminder System, which cars have it?  (Read 4954 times)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Service Reminder System, which cars have it?
« on: June 12, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »
My Mk3 does not appear to have the Service Reminder System, since the Multi Information Display in my car does not include the screen which shows it (p122 in manual).

I am not too bothered about this as I believe it has caused a lot of problems in the past. I seem to remember it being a dealer choice issue whether to activate it or not.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Service Reminder System, which cars have it?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:13:31 PM »
Some dealers do turn it off as it possibly loses them money on servicing as opposed to the mileage/calendar system.

Vic.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 12:56:42 AM »
i told the dealer to turn mine off at the pdi and it is bliss without it on as i service it once per year with the mot so no multiple trips to the dealer

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 09:48:11 AM »
When I bought my second used Jazz this February (2013 1.4 EX) I noticed in the service book an item saying "The service reminder system is not active on this vehicle" - I presume the buyer asked for it to be turned off?

Anyway, as a low mileage driver, I prefer an annual service plus MOT regime so I'm glad it's unoperational on this car.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 03:11:15 PM »
When I bought mine the dealer asked if I wanted it on or off, as a low mileage user I asked for it to be off.

mikebore

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 04:00:45 PM »
I thought at the time I had received a good handover at delivery, with half an hour spent setting everything up and pairing and checking my phone etc, but when I got home I found the service/handbook pack was still sealed up and nothing had been completed in the Service Book.
The only thing that was said about service at the handover was that they would contact me when service was due. Took two visits to get it completed but still does not have the SvRS deactivated page stamped.

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 04:22:14 PM »
If my memory serves me right, the car is delivered with it off ( not activated ). Nothing is recorded in the book.

If you ask it will be switched on (activated) and then you subsequently ask for it to be switched off (deactivated) (a) it can not be activated again (b) it is recorded in the book that it is deactivated.

So what you have is what I think you should reasonably be expecting........

Others may correct me!

mikebore

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »
What you say does fit what I have found, i.e. deactivated but my Service Book says on page 40 that unless otherwise stated the SvRS is active. Since it is not otherwise stated the natural assumption would be that it is active.

So if they are delivered with it deactivated (quite possible), it would surely be proper for the Dealer to tick the deactivated box on page 40 when they fill in all the other stuff at the front of the handbook. None of which happened in my case. The SB and the car status should be consistent.

Tags: