Author Topic: Radio Text  (Read 2207 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Radio Text
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:27:11 AM »
Being new to DAB radio I'm only now exploring what it can do. There's a facility called "Radio Text" which - on most BBC stations at least - will display the track name and artist currently being broadcast; that can be really handy for settling en-route debates. My expectation was that this would update when the next track starts, but on my Honda Connect DAB, this doesn't happen. So you select the text option and find out what's playing, then that info stays on screen without changing as the station moves on to the next track and the next. You have to go back and re-select Radio Text manually each time you want it updated which requires eyes off the road and two prods of the screen.
Question: is this normal for DAB radio ? Or is this another shortfall of the Honda Connect system ?

guest1372

Re: Radio Text
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:26:38 AM »
Normal behaviour on my home DAB radios is to update the now playing info about 20 seconds in to each new track automatically, sometimes no track info is provided, in those cases it reverts to the program description.
--
TG

DWF

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »
My Honda DAB does not seem to update the text info either, I had thought it was just me being inpatient :(

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
So, based on those responses, it looks like there's another "undocumented feature" with the DAB implementation on this Honda Connect system.

Or maybe it's deliberate: I did pick up a suggestion (can't remember where) that the same rule (law ?) that forbids video within a driver's field of view also prohibits moving text. Just a guess.

Tags: