Author Topic: Dashboard Visibility  (Read 3516 times)

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Dashboard Visibility
« on: June 18, 2016, 01:20:42 PM »
I really like our new Jazz but there is one annoying problem: with the driver's seat and steering wheel in the highest position, the headlamp and sidelight indicator lights (located top of the left and right hand sides of dashboard display) are not visible.

Lower the steering wheel position and I can see the indicators but not the top of the speedometer dial! With the steering wheel in the uppermost position, I can lower the seat to a position where I can see all of the dashboard display but I do not like sitting so low! This is frustrating! I am 6 foot tall and normally proportioned and I have never had this problem with any other car and I have owned many. The headlamp, sidelight and other light indicators should be positioned in the lower parts of the display so that, with any seat or steering wheel position, all the displays are comfortably visible.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: Dashboard Visibility
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:30:11 PM »
Totally agree! I have to move my head to see the lights indicators.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:56:16 AM »
Same here: I have to have the seat slightly lower than I would like in order to not have the top of the steering wheel blocking the view of the top of the instrument display. I'm 5' 7" so the seat is fairly far forward to be a comfortable distance from the pedals.

This isn't a new design problem - it was even worse on my Mk 2 hybrid Jazz.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

AlanTR

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »
It amazes me that an easy-to-fix defect like has not been taken care of! Honda will of course be aware of something so obvious - so why didn't they fix it when upgrading to the Mk3? For a major car manufacturer this is disappointing...

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 09:37:15 AM »
Same here. Well not quite as I can see the indicators while driving straight but when I turn the wheel they are obscured. One of many minor niggles for me :(

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 10:55:44 AM »
... the headlamp and sidelight indicator lights (located top of the left and right hand sides of dashboard display) are not visible.
Minor correction: the indicator at top right applies to both headlamps & sidelights, the one at top left tells you if the auto high beam system is active or not.

Actually, I find these indicators to be bizarrely positioned ... the "lights on" light is top right, the "auto high beam" light is top left, and the "full beam" light is bottom right. Maybe the idea is that by spreading them around you're less likely to mistake one for another but it sure seems odd at first !

Tags: