Author Topic: Jazz 2017 Transmission ( CVT) oil change  (Read 1851 times)

Alan Coombs

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 1.3 i - vetec 2017
Jazz 2017 Transmission ( CVT) oil change
« on: September 21, 2023, 06:42:13 PM »
  Unable to find filler plug.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Jazz 2017 Transmission ( CVT) oil change
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 07:17:49 PM »
As far as remember its via the yellow handled dip stick, you'll need a long funnel for best results.

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 08:59:00 PM »
When I had my 2012 version, the CVT fluid went in via the dipstick tube.  I had a 2 foot length of tubing with a funnel on the end to slowly pour the fluid in.  I always took note of how much I'd removed through the sump plug though, to ensure I didn't over-fill.  Little and often is the way to go until you reach the level.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 01:35:06 PM »
YouTube should answer your question.  Pretty sure you fill via the "level plug" until it just starts to dribble out. IIRC it's on the front of the g/box halfway up.  Advice is to make sure you can undo that plug BEFORE  draining the fluid. You need some sort of oil pump or pipe and funnel to fill, I have a Sealey manual big syringe thing, costs around £13 if you shop around,  invaluable tool.

HertsHonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT 2017
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 06:33:56 PM »
Seem to remember seeing a video of a Honda gearbox oil change where the filler was a black plasic/rubber plug with a curly 'handle' on top. Under the air filter.
The 'mechanic' spent a long time dealing with removing the air cleaner and associated air pipes to access and expose this plug!
Filling seemed to require removing a level plug on gear box, parking on a flat surface (with wheels back on ground??), then filling sloooowly until oil dribbles out of level plug hole (or, I guess, you've poured in a volume equal to what was drained out)
All sound a bit of a phaff

jasonevans

• Approved Member
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE Auto in Orange :-)
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 10:17:07 PM »
I just got mine done by the Honda dealer. Fixed price of £160 ( as of Oct 2023 ) which I didn't think is to bad considering the genuine Honda CVT oil is £100 just for that.

Tags: