Author Topic: Change Language  (Read 4756 times)

Silverback 45

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz EX
Change Language
« on: October 08, 2021, 01:43:37 PM »
After taking delivery of my new to me 2018 SE Jazz . I was going through the Multi Information Display and inadvertently changed the language from English to German and now can't seem to get it back to English.
Any help would be appreciated as the extensive "How it Works" Instruction manual is confusing to say the least. 

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Change Language
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 01:51:22 PM »
If I remember correctly, it can be done from the very first screen when you switch the car on.  The one where you hit ok, I think it is below that button.  Probably says "Sprache" if it's in German.

Silverback 45

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 02:21:53 PM »
The main display is fine showing English, but by trial & error on the multi information display I found the word  Sprache and was able to trawl through to find English. So, all sorted thank you.

The instruction manual is very confusing in a lot of places regarding setting up the various operations that can be carried out.

Thanks again

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 03:26:47 PM »
The main display is fine showing English, but by trial & error on the multi information display I found the word  Sprache and was able to trawl through to find English. So, all sorted thank you.

The instruction manual is very confusing in a lot of places regarding setting up the various operations that can be carried out.

Thanks again
You were lucky,  Deutsch is better than Chinese.

Totall

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Fit 2019 GK4 CVT 4WD
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 02:27:41 PM »
My Honda Fit 2019 is from the domestic Japanese market, and the language of the multi-information display is Japanese only . At first it was very unusual, now everything is fine. I'm used to it. ;D
If necessary, use the phone, Google translator with camera.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:33:34 PM by Totall »

langserve

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [
  • My Honda: gk3 2019 jdm 1.3 CVT
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 01:54:09 PM »
My June 2019 Japanese car's unit can be switched to English. The salesman was actually quite proud of that so if you have a good hunt through the menus you might find it. I can't remember where it is hidden but it wasn't obvious which is typical of Japanese software.

I do the same thing with Google translate when needed all the time. And I can't switch the information screen to the right of the speedo. Can your car still read road signs in the Ukraine? I suppose not. And you probably have to live without TV or the screen covered in raindrops when it is raining.

Totall

• Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
My GK4 1.3 CVT 4WD was produced in January 2019. I reviewed the entire menu of of the multi-information display and found no language options. The same is reported on the Russian forum of these cars. As for road signs - ones read without problems, because they are international - Ukraine or Japan, there is no difference. My car radio is without a TV (Gathers VXM194CI, with english settings), although I see a TV antennas on small windows. Main problem with the information screen is menu settings, most warnings and notifications are read intuitively. as for raindrops - I did not understand, explain.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 06:39:02 PM by Totall »

langserve

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 03:32:04 AM »
Mine came with a VXM-194 VFi which uses the same manual as yours. It has some features that yours doesn't, for example TV, but switching system display language to English, Chinese or Korean seems to be included in both.

MENU, Settings/Info, system, other, display language. Page 100 in the manual and then page 102.

https://www.honda.co.jp/manual-access/navi/vxm-194vfi/

Not all road signs are the same - Stop signs here in Japan are different for example. Interested to know if the system is flexible enough to recognise stop signs in Ukraine.

The raindrops are part of the Interlinc Navi information system. The Gathers screen gets covered in raindrops if it is raining. The density of the raindrops tells you how heavy the rain is and/or how many mm are expected. It is the most useless feature the system has except for maybe the TV - I was joking because all you have to do is look out of the window to get the same information. See page 124 of the manual. Here in Japan the road traffic information is actually better than Google so that is useful.

There isn't any way to switch the language of the little information window to the right of the steering wheel. Fortunately Google Translate does work but it takes ages. I never play with the menus and can't even be bothered to learn all the options. I just asked the salesman to set the most popular which were walk away locking and reset A counter to zero when filling the tank. I sometimes do switch the display - I usually keep it on road signs and km since last fill. Thankfully that is very intuitive.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:44:29 AM by langserve »

langserve

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 03:35:33 AM »
PS. You car very likely came from Hokkaido because that's where 4WD is standard. All that ice and snow for months! Near enough Siberian weather.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:38:28 AM by langserve »

Totall

• Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 12:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, I understand everything now. I did not know that in Japan there are different road signs. I never paid too much attention to the indication of road signs and considered this function as a toy. It was showed main Ukrainian road signs (like speed limit), now I will pay more attention at this toy. As for navigation in the car radio - I generally turned off the display of maps and voice prompts, because in Ukraine it does not work, there are Japanese maps only . I was even going to buy a Chinese car radio, but it was a pity to remove Gathers, because there is a quality audio and I did some changes - for example, I used the button on the turn switch to display a picture from the rear camera. (As I wrote, my car was redesigned from the right-hand car, a donor car from the USA was used and there was a button to turn on the side camera on the right mirror.) Generally, I want to equip the car by 4 cameras in the future.
My car was firstly bought in Nagano, I even looked in Google in which car dealership. And 4WD Fit I wanted, because it has better ground clearance (150 mm vs. 135). In the end, 4WD performed very well last winter here, I'm very happy with it. May be there is only one question - this car model (Mk3 2015 - 2020) has never been sold in Ukraine, it is rare here, so there may be problems with spare parts in the future. But I hope everything will be fine. Sorry for off topic.

Tags:

anything