Author Topic: Anyone own a 1.5 Sport  (Read 1026 times)

Hora

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2005 Honda Jazz
Anyone own a 1.5 Sport
« on: July 03, 2021, 04:00:24 PM »
I have a (new to me) 2018 Sport model coming this week.

I'm apprehensive,  have I done the right thing AND for the first time ever I've bought a automatic.

Does the cvt really blunt the 1.5 or compliment the engine nicely?

Any niggles?

Has anyone mapped theirs (+10% gains).

bartchan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK5
Re: Anyone own a 1.5 Sport
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 04:39:47 AM »
I didnt tried Manual, so i don't know how it feels. but i could tell,
it do react not as direct as old model which is mechanical throttle. ( i got a GD1 for few years)
i could say it goes very well after add-on an throttle accelerator, nearly no difference between mechanical/electric afterwards. as the new one is on the way, highly recommend you grip one of this.

the semi-manual +/- is fun. you could easily reach 5k rpm and sound nicely.

enjoy your new car

SteveiD

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Sport 1.5 CVT
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 11:57:41 AM »
Yes! Not had it for long and equally apprehensive as first petrol car for many years but having been bitten by the incurable and useless add blue syndrome on newer diesels plus particulate filters that block up etc etc decided to return to petrol. First ever "Jap Crap" too but have to say I am converted. Revs and engine/cvt roar took a little getting used to but I now get better MPG than the diesel, better road manners and a very enjoyable drive. Miss my reversing camera and auto climate control but can live without. I am happy, hope you are?   

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
had my 18 plate a few months , very happy .

having come from an old VW Golf diesel GT miss the low down torque and higher gearing but , after the gadget learning curve and getting used to the engine ' roar' , really pleased with it.

Came with 1 year Honda Assure , 2 years of services left and , looking at current prices , worth more now than I paid for it !

Tags:

anything